User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ezy-FLASH Pro for Mazda

1. Default

Does chiptorque want to buy my car to use?

2. Default

Hey Derrick, For the purpose of this testing, we will require the vehicle for one visit at ChipTorque, possibly for up to 2 days (hopefully less). This is not necessarily an expected commitment to being our long term test car. So we will see if anyone else puts there hand up.

I don't think we are planning to purchase an MPS, but I will voice it at the next meeting anyway.

Leah @ CT

If you need an ongoing test car.

/close thread

4. Default

I'm glad you like my idea 2XS...

I meant pick me.

Troy you should definitely do it, especially as you are always modding your car.

Vote 1 - 2XS.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    If you need an ongoing test car.

/close thread
    Hi Troy, sounds like a good plan, thank you!! I will be in touch on Monday after I speak with Rhys. Cheers, Leah @ CT
    follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/chiptorque

8. Default

As of yesterday ChipTorque have had some very positive results with the Ezy-FLASH Pro and Mazda 3 MPS (MY06-09)

With a test vehicle on the dyno we have been able to confirm:
    • Live Data Display parameters are operational
    • High-Speed data logging is operational
    • Reflashing process of locking an Ezy-FLASH Pro to the vehicle, selecting, uploading and reflashing a modified tune into the vehicle was a success
    • Reflashing speed is good (about 1 minute)

The product is therefore virtually ready for Beta testing, pending a few minor improvements to the firmware and data logging parameters.

Leah @ CT
    Last edited by ChipTorque; 30-07-2010 at 04:12 PM. Reason: font fix
    follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/chiptorque

Good to hear Leah....especially for impatient buggers like me.......Hopefully good things come to those that wait!!!!!!

Great to hear, you'll definitely will have plenty of customers that for sure !!!

am keen to get this, please let us know if you need some more test mules, im not far from the coast and can provide my car as a mule

Will ezy flash pro yield better results than just a custom reflash dyno tune?Thanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esp22 View Post
    Will ezy flash pro yield better results than just a custom reflash dyno tune?Thanks
    I would have thought no due to the fact that a custom tune is custom made for your car.
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

i thought that the ezy flash will be able to do a normal flash and/or a custom flash depending on which one you wanted to go with.i thought thats what wardski did with his sti,done a normal flash then came back and did a custom one?correct me if im wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by esp22 View Post
    The EzyFlash Pro is the storage/flash tool. The custom tune is stored on the EF Pro and flashed to the car.

You are confused im afraid
    08 VW GTI PIRELLI DSG - 1 OF 400
    S3 HEART WITH 229 kw OF APR GOODNESS

SOLD - 06 MPS3 / CPE CAI / CPE HKS BOV / CPE HV2 BELLMOUTH DUMP & METALLIC CAT / CPE MOUNT / COBB SUSPENSION / DBA SLOTTED ROTORS C/W HAWKS PADS

Blog Entries

I thought he was talking about a pre-made tune he can just buy direct from them...I might have been mistaken though

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    I thought he was talking about a pre-made tune he can just buy direct from them...I might have been mistaken though
    He did say "Will ezy flash pro yield better results than just a custom reflash dyno tune?Thanks "

He was for some reason comparing a flash tool with a flash itself
    08 VW GTI PIRELLI DSG - 1 OF 400
    S3 HEART WITH 229 kw OF APR GOODNESS

SOLD - 06 MPS3 / CPE CAI / CPE HKS BOV / CPE HV2 BELLMOUTH DUMP & METALLIC CAT / CPE MOUNT / COBB SUSPENSION / DBA SLOTTED ROTORS C/W HAWKS PADS

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    He did say "Will ezy flash pro yield better results than just a custom reflash dyno tune?Thanks "

He was for some reason comparing a flash tool with a flash itself
    At any rate, in general: OTS Tune < Dyno tune for you specific car/mods. An OTS tune can be the baseline for said dyno tune however. It's pretty common in the Cobb AP world.

Hmm i'm particularly interested in this.

But one question. Since my car was imported from Japan it's got a 180km speed cut, would this be able to change things so that is removed?
    I know the NZ/AU ones don't have that so probably not something dealt with normally. But any info would be appreciated. Track days will be horrible with the speed cut.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast