User Tag List

Thread: Trip meter test codes

Default Trip meter test codes

Just found this on the US MazdaSpeed Forums "If you hold down the Trip button (at least 5 seconds), insert key, turn to on (but not started), continue holding trip, a test menu at your trip/odo gauge appears. Cycle through the menus by pressing Trip. Number 3 shows how many gallons / liters remaining I believe. source"

Here's the full page c/w pictures Test Menu - Mazdaspeed Forums

This writeup is for a 3MPS but it also works on my 6MPS. You actually have to hit the trip button twice once the word "test" appears, not just hold it down, at least on my 6MPS anyway.

All well and good to know the test info is there... but does anybody have the clues as to what the different tests are for?

Regards,

Leon
    Started out with nothing Still got most of it left

this was the first thing i found march last year when i bought my 3mps..

most modern cars have this.. VW have a similar thing but you use it to clear service lights etc..

i think it just allows you to test the stepper motors etc in your cluster.. warning lights and what not..

im sure someone with a little more knowhow might be able to edit options or something..

the are always gimicky things manufacturers include for their own uses that generally arent told to the general public

Nice, I never knew this was there. I messed around trying to get these kind of details to come up on the radio / cd player screen (the characters are there) but could never get it to work!