User Tag List

Thread: GOODbox - using OEM LCD display for boost guage, temp, etc (for RX8)

Default GOODbox - using OEM LCD display for boost guage, temp, etc (for RX8)

g'day all.
    This relates to an RX8 mod that I noticed.. but theoretically should be workable for other models with similar displays..just need someone to work it out and offer it.

Basically, some smart cookie worked out how to hook into/intercept the OEM LCD display on RX8's, and override the text/info being sent to the display from the head unit, replacing that text with anything you want, including data straight from the ECU. He has it reading coolant temp, boost/vac, etc - anything that's on the ECU..

Looks neat, thought you might be interested (hope its new). hes selling it in small scale.

there's a couple of vids and plenty of info about it on the link below (so i wont bother plagiarising here)!

My invention: Best boost/CAN gauge ever on the OEM red LCD display. - RX8Club.com

hey mate.. i poseted info about this some time ago.. all seems to have gone quiet on the mazdaspeed 3/6 front.. but ill keep my ear to the ground

Pieter3D has stated in one (or both of the threads) that it is currently not compatible with the Mazdaspeed 3 or 6, as it uses a different protocol to communicate with the display.

The GOODbox - RX8Club.com

bugger..