User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parking Lights - Bulb replacement

Default How do i replace the parker lights on a 6 MPS

2XS suggested when I last saw him to change the parker lights to white led's.

I got them today, but being the type of person I am I had a look in the manual to see how to change the bulb.

The manual suggests that the job is not for the faint hearted and doesn't give any instructions at all on changeing the bulb.

Is it really that hard? Do I need to remove the engine or something?????

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin740 View Post
    2XS suggested when I last saw him to change the parker lights to white led's.

I got them today, but being the type of person I am I had a look in the manual to see how to change the bulb.

The manual suggests that the job is not for the faint hearted and doesn't give any instructions at all on changeing the bulb.

Is it really that hard? Do I need to remove the engine or something?????
    That would make it easier, as you can stand in the space made by removing the engine....

Ok simple answer

1) Remove stock airbox (for passenger side bulbs)
    2) Remove black caps behind high beam units (there is a small tab on top, push down and pull the cap backwards)
    3) Look where the parker bulb is and place fingers/long nose pliers behind bulb, grab socket and pull out gently
    4) Remove stock bulb and replace with LED
    5) Replace socket, cover and airbox

From the Manual

R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

lol I just done a big write-up and google chrome crashed!

Changing the parklight bulbs would be similar to this (apart from the air box) I can do a reply on removing the air box if you like later if you need. Good work though Shakes with the image and description

Changing the 194's in the headlights - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 / Mazda Atenza Forum

If you're going for LED's, plug it in and if it doesn't work, rotate it 180 degrees. From my experience LED's never seem to last long in the park lights, been through so many!

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Default How do i replace the parker lights on a 6 MPS

Good timing for this thread. My parts arrived today.
    1. 18 SMD LED White Fog Lights.
    2. 4 SMD LED White Park Lights.

I've gone down this path as I want to match the colour of my factory Xenons.

Won't be installing tonight as I'll be at the STATE OF ORIGIN. GO QLD!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	4240  

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    lol I just done a big write-up and google chrome crashed!

Changing the parklight bulbs would be similar to this (apart from the air box) I can do a reply on removing the air box if you like later if you need. Good work though Shakes with the image and description

Changing the 194's in the headlights - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 / Mazda Atenza Forum

If you're going for LED's, plug it in and if it doesn't work, rotate it 180 degrees. From my experience LED's never seem to last long in the park lights, been through so many!
    Thanks Rog, the Images are out of the Mazda 6 Workshop Manual (not MPS) If anyone is interested I'll see if I can upload it (about 40mb)
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Good timing for this thread. My parts arrived today.
    1. 18 SMD LED White Fog Lights.
    2. 4 SMD LED White Park Lights.

I've gone down this path as I want to match the colour of my factory Xenons.

Won't be installing tonight as I'll be at the STATE OF ORIGIN. GO QLD!
    I'm not sure of the 3 but with the 6 the fogs were a little more difficult to replace due to restricted space. Unbolted a few things on the drivers side which was right in front of the rear access to the fog light. I think I had the car up on stands already due to doing a service so the wheels came off and accessed through the wheel arch guard. You may/may not have to do the same. Fogs look pretty good when installed sorry to say but useless for light! A mate has got them in his. As far as colour goes it looks great.

Since we're on the topic if any of you guys want to consider something DIFFERENT. Give this a shot...I had never seen it done so I gave it a crack. A blue looks to obvious and not to mention illegal...BUT it looks cool. Following this path I done a bit of guess check and improve to get the best looking parklight IMO. White LED's look pretty cool and bright as I've had plenty. What I've done with mine is this...I'll share

FYI - read below

If you can find it, get a hold of a Phillips crystal vision or silver top crystal vision 5w wedge globe. The blue one as seen in the link below. I may even have a darker shade of blue.

Phillips Lighting - go to 'signalling and click on 'wedge'

The result is pretty cool, a white light woop-de-do. Then what I did on mine, is purchase one of these silicone blue caps. I got mine from MALZ but for reference this is what I mean (see link below) It's basically a silicon capping that sleeves on top of the wedge globe

Silicone sleeve - click the option and change to 'blue'

The end result is a lighting effect that fills the sort of cylinder housing (where the high beam is) To make it stand out more I have an ultra blue H1 glove which adds to the reflection a little (the mirror-like insides) The light fills this due to it being an incandescent bulb. A LED rather is more of a spot light and directs straight out. A difference in opinion of course but I prefer the filled lighting in the whole cylinder..if that makes sense

If you wish to put a blue (or any other colour) sleeve on a normal 5w wedge you can, but the end resulting colour will be more like green. You need to get the Phillips (or similar) crystal vision or blue wedge to get a blue light in conjunction with the sleeve

Appologies, this photo does not compliment my suggestion, it was a dodgy shot with an old camera phone, just to give some idea...The picture on the left (above mentioned) the picture on the right is just another thing I was trying but it was too obviously blue.

NOTE: If you're concerned its too BLUE if you decide to do this, the head of the wedge with deteriorate the blue a little in the capping over time. What I'm saying is that it will get a little lighter after you run it a while...Try it out sometime for a cheap mod! Looks awesome.

Let me know if you want more and better images, more than happy to get them for you guys

Name:	Late night snap..jpg 
Views:	560 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	4241   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00008..jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	4242  
    Last edited by rogwick; 16-06-2010 at 12:58 PM.

M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

SHAKESPEAR
    Thanks for all the info. Looks like its not as hard as the MPS user manual indicates.

ROGWICK
    Dam you. That link has a connection to more cool bulbs for the lights. They mention a turn signal bulb that is clear when not illuminated but turns orange when lit......How cool is that. Its a Sylvania 1156A ST lamp and uses some fancy technology that I don't understand. I may need to investigate further.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin740 View Post
    SHAKESPEAR
    Thanks for all the info. Looks like its not as hard as the MPS user manual indicates.

ROGWICK
    Dam you. That link has a connection to more cool bulbs for the lights. They mention a turn signal bulb that is clear when not illuminated but turns orange when lit......How cool is that. Its a Sylvania 1156A ST lamp and uses some fancy technology that I don't understand. I may need to investigate further.
    Haha nice! You're right for saying damn you! As there are plenty of options, just keep in mind not to go too over the top and try keep it border line legal. For eg, red LED wedge as a parklight and YOU WILL get picked up and possibly fined as it is the same colour as brake lights standards. Orange could look kinda cool, as long as its not too orange to attract too much attention!

Phillips is good, they are expensive but the quality is superior to china bulbs. You might want to consider 6000K HID's too!

M P S

I forgot you had to remove the filterbox to change the lights. guess i've got used to not having one

Yeldarb - I've got 68 SMD LED fog lights and they seem to match my 8000k headlights so they might look a touch whiter then the stock HID's but it'll still be better then the standard globes.. also the LED's dont give out much useable light, more just for show

I've given up with LED park lights. One of mine always blows after a couple months and i'm sick of changing them so now i just have my LED DRL lights under the headlight and no park lights (still had parklights when i took the pic)

Name:	drl lights..jpg 
Views:	1165 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	4244   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3250129..jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	4245  

Installed.

It took all of 10mins total. The longest part was taking the top off the CES intake box.

Thanks all.

Default Park Lights

id like to make my parkers match the headlights on my MPS6.

I went to look at changing them out for white/blue ones but there is high voltage warnings all over the light asembly re the xenon headlights.
    im use to mid 90 nissans so all this super fancy shit freaks me a bit. any help would be great.

Regards Pete

Blog Entries

Parkers shouldn't be a problem even though you had HIDs, they still should have a normal bulb.

I just got mine off ebay, there is a listing on here for what bulb type they are.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-t...-incl-mps.html

There you go
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

This thread has some help for you

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...hts-6-mps.html

infact I'll merge both threads into a park light thread

Default Parking Lights - Bulb replacement

I've merged some of the parking light threads here in the one place so all the information is together!

Default Yeldarbs LED Fetish

Hey guys, thought I'd pop some of my LED adventures up.

These are my new Parkers:

This is the factory Parker bulb (Headlight Off):

This is the factory Parker bulb (Headlight On):

LED Parker (Headlight Off):

LED Parker (Headlight On):

FOG and Parker LED's:

Side of Car with LED Parker (over exposed for effect):

The next set are the LED FOG's. I like them as they're not too bright to offend on coming traffic, but look different. Probably a shade too blue though...

Close Up of FOG (Factory Bulb):

FOG with LED:

FOG with LED:

The Bulbs side by side:

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

You've probably seen these below but I like these too... Prevents the Egg Yoke look. A very minor mod, but I spotted it and had to try it.

On the left, the factory bulb, on the right the Philips Silver Vision:

The box:

What they look like installed:

Before:

After:

Last edited by Yeldarb; 27-07-2010 at 12:31 AM.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Might have to get a set of those indicators.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Hey guys, thought I'd pop some of my LED adventures up.

These are my new Parkers:

This is the factory Parker bulb (Headlight Off):

This is the factory Parker bulb (Headlight On):

LED Parker (Headlight Off):

LED Parker (Headlight On):

FOG and Parker LED's:

Side of Car with LED Parker (over exposed for effect):

The next set are the LED FOG's. I like them as they're not too bright to offend on coming traffic, but look different. Probably a shade too blue though...

Close Up of FOG (Factory Bulb):

FOG with LED:

FOG with LED:

The Bulbs side by side:

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

You've probably seen these below but I like these too... Prevents the Egg Yoke look. A very minor mod, but I spotted it and had to try it.

On the left, the factory bulb, on the right the Philips Silver Vision:

The box:

What they look like installed:

Before:

After:

Curious. . Do you mind enlightening everyone as to where you got those fog light LED upgrades from And what standard bulb is that (H7, H9 etc?)
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

Thanks for that post and very detailed imagery Brad! That looks awesome! I like the look of the LED parkers, I might have to consider getting some myself, however my LED's always fail and never seem to last long! The fogs looks good too. I considered Blue-white fogs but just upgraded to a much brighter yellow-white Phillips bulb. In terms of lighting they're much brighter, but as far as looks go and matching colour, the LED fogs you have are the go.

Thanks. I really like detail, as I'm sure you all do so had I the SLR out. Wife thought I was strange.

So far no failures but they are only cheap bulbs, $10 to $20 a pair. Good for an experiment. It doesn't fog much in Brisbane so I don't really need them.

Now for some fluros under the car!

;-p

When my car turned into a Cylon!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast