User Tag List

Thread: Car Alarms

Default Car Alarms

Hey guys. Well ive been looking around lately for car alarms and came across this one as my favorite so far.
    Its a Viper car alarm. Viper - Viper 3002 LED 2-Way Security System

just want to know if you guys have any experience or knowledge about this unit and if it would work on our cars. I had a look around on the net and didnt really come up with anything. It has the option for the tilt sensor and glass sensor which was an option i liked even if you have to pay extra. Just gives more peace of mind.

Any other good car alarms which you guys have or come across which you would recomend. My budget would be about $300-$600.
    CURRENT: 2009 VW Passat R36

PREVIOUS: 2008 Mazda 3 MPS

hey there, bit of a late reply, but when I bought my car it came installed with the Mongoose MAP80G. Its pretty good as you use your original keyfob to arm/disarm and hence dont need another remote dangling there.

I've also got a GSM unit attached to the alarm which sends txt msgs when it goes off. I might upgrade it later to the GPS/GSM unit which texts you, but you can also track it via GPS and remotely shut the car down lol

Edit: btw I'm not too sure on the cost as it came with the car...

This has been mentioned already but some models won't allow you to open the hatch from the button on the hatch itself. If you don't drive a GenII that's not a problem. The Viper should be ok, but my top of the line mongoose wasn't... ;(

Hi, I've been having a bit of a look around for immobilisers for my 3MPS and something that really caught my eye was a company called autowatch that make a number of different alarm/immobiliser systems. The one I was looking at is called a 957 Ghost immobiliser, it looks great because you don't have to press anything for it to arm/disarm as it's a proximity based fob with . Does anyone have any of their products installed, if not what additional system do have have on your MPS if any? I unfortunately have to park my 3 on the street and I'm not sleeping easy at the moment knowing it's out on display every night.

On a seperate note has anyone put in a kill switch or anything else in as another line of defence from the scum that wonders the street at night, like a taser built into seat that needs to be disarmed!

p.s. i need a reputable person to install whatever i decide to go with in Sydney. Who's dealt with security in motion as they distribute autowatch and other big name brands?

I had the Autowatch upgrade alarm installed on my 2010 MPS by Leon from Security in Motion. Quality workmanship and the guy knows his stuff. The upgrade alarm maintains full functionality of the smart key, but you lose the ability to isolate & open the boot by pressing the dedicated boot release button.

Now, while I am positive that the MPS is atleast a partical CANBUS system, Autowatch could not confirm this for me in their database, hence getting just the upgrade alarm.

It cost $395 installed with a 5 year warranty. Install typically takes say 2 hours.

OzCJ, that's the exact upgrade I'm getting fitted on Friday with the window lift kit upgrade also. It should help me sleep better at night!

I was looking around at CANBus and from what i could find they only started using it on the Gen II 3's.

Blog Entries

Why not look at the OEM one? If your just looking at an alarm and immobiliser than it will suffice...I got mine thrown in with my car when I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    Why not look at the OEM one? If your just looking at an alarm and immobiliser than it will suffice...I got mine thrown in with my car when I bought it.
    I didn't even know that there was one available. The autowatch upgrade seems like it's got the goods anyway and the window lift option plugging straight into it makes it hard to pass up.
    '07 CB 3MPS

|| Brake Dust || CPE CAI || Cobb TIP || HID Conversion ||

Quote Originally Posted by boags View Post
    I didn't even know that there was one available. The autowatch upgrade seems like it's got the goods anyway and the window lift option plugging straight into it makes it hard to pass up.
    The Autowatch one is so much more. It sounds strong when it goes off and the digital chirps sound cool. The OEM one is so piss weak when it goes off.
    Sorry mate, didnt realise you were after an alarm for the 2007 model.