User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dyno tuning for mps now in melbourne!!!

Default Dyno tuning for mps now in melbourne!!!

ATTENTION ALL MPS OWNERS IN VICTORIA!!!

Everyone knows us guys (and girls) have been left out when it comes to ECU/DYNO tuning. But I just recently got off the phone to Matt from THE HORSEPOWER FACTORY in Dandenong and he says they will have the software by the end of this current week.
    Matt also wants me to find out how many owners are interested in tuning, and maybe set up a dyno/tuning day.
    The tuning that he recommends, is a factory ECU flash, which means not using a piggyback/interceptor device, but utilising your stock ECU, and custom tuning the map that Mazda gives us. He says this will allow him to open the throttle for us at higher RPM than the stock mapping does, and allows him to tune the MPS' much better. Full cost he says, is $990! Cheap ez bro! $990 for a custom tune including dyno time.
    Post on here if your interested in a dyno day, or just interested in general.
    QLD has Chiptorque
    NSW has MRT
    now VIC has HP-Factory!!!
    Get on it!!!
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Qld has also Allstar Tuning in Brendale, Brisbane who look after the MPS3 Race Car.. The original MPS3 that is 4 years of track knowledge where it counts...

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    Qld has also Allstar Tuning in Brendale, Brisbane who look after the MPS3 Race Car.. The original MPS3 that is 4 years of track knowledge where it counts...
    I do understand that there are many other tuning shops around the country. Was just making note that Victoria now has one.
    Thanks for the plug though.
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Well I'm conflicted now. Do I get this or stick with the Haltech!?

I know what I'm doing once my mods go on... 'Hello, HP-Factory??? It's Jon. Let's book my car in...'

And thanks to justin for the reccomendation

Great price and idea there

Spread the word to all, and get them to check this thread out. Come on. This is a great thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Nepharius View Post
    Well I'm conflicted now. Do I get this or stick with the Haltech!?
    Nothing wrong with the Haltech.....

---------- Post added at 04:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    I do understand that there are many other tuning shops around the country. Was just making note that Victoria now has one.
    Thanks for the plug though.
    You got me I know, just a plug for the boys.

Ben from MRT will be in Melbourne next week, I was talking to him last week about the tune he has done on my Gen II. You should give them a call.

Thanks mate, but will be HP-F for me...

Definitely. You want local support when you are flash tuning. HPF have a very good reputation and if someone was Chiptorque flashing in my area that's what Id be doing.

They do Chiptorque tuning too. Spose, they can do any type of ECU tuning. But as I said, Matt from HPF recommended the stock ECU flash to me. That's what I'll be doing. Soon as my damn tax money comes in... 'Where are you money??? GRRRR!!!!'

So besides the throttle.. what can a flash do that say, a standback, can't?

Well, it's less evasive for starters. As for the rest, I didn't go into detail with him. He said that it'll retain ECU abilities, like codes and other things. Excuse my lack of detailed info, but as soon as I get his personal email address, I'll ask what makes it his choice over interceptor systems and post it up. Please bare with me...

15. Default

i'd be very very keen to get the throttle plate opened up as i already have stanback etc i wonder if they would provide that service?

They're a tuning place. I'm sure they're up to speed with any sort of ECU's... I've heard good things about HP-F.

Matt wants my car for tune testing. Yay!!!

If he needs another... less stock car I'd be up for it :P

Hi all! Just spoke to Matt from The HP-F about the benefits of tuning the stock ECU over a 'piggyback' type ECU. Here's what I was told;

1. More functionality in tuning. Meaning that the piggyback systems will only let you tune certain things within the program. Tuning the stock ECU will let you tune... well... EVERYTHING!
    2. Advantages of tuning everything means FULL control over sensors like the knock sensor. Aparently piggybacks can't do this.
    3. STOCK ECU TUNING HAS FULL CONTROL OVER THE ELECTRONIC THROTTLE!!! THIS MEANS WHEN THE PEDAL IS ON THE FLOOR< THE THROTTLE PLATE IS WIDE OPEN. WHEN YOU RELEASE THE PEDAL, THE THROTTLE PLATE SHUTS. AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN!!!
    4. Tuning the stock ECU makes the same sort of power, but has better driveability, and more reliability.
    5. Tuning the stock ECU is cheaper. $990 for a full stock ECU tune incl dyno time. A piggyback can cost you for the part, then fitting (if applicable), THEN dyno time.

I think I know my decision...
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

interested to see some results in a gen 2 before i consider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast