User Tag List

Thread: Mini USB (HTC Phone) to Aux in 6MPS?

Default Mini USB (HTC Phone) to Aux in 6MPS?

Hi,
    Pls forgive me as all I can find within this forum is IPOD info.
    I want to connect my HTC PDA phone (Mini USB) to my 6MPS (with MP3 compatible).
    I dont need steering wheel control. What cable do I need?
    thanks

Not sure on this one as I have only just got an ipod, however I just did a quick google/ebay search for items to help.

I found a mini-usb to headphone socket convertor
    3.5mm adapter headphone for HTC touch/Diamond/Cruise - eBay, Other Mobile Accessories, Mobile Accessories, Phones. (end time 17-Jun-10 14:50:55 AEST)
    Then you have a few options as to how to get the stereo signal to the headunit AUX port.

You could either splice the above cable direct to the back of the unit by combining an old cd-rom audio cable (use some of the ideas in the link below) and the one above, or you could try to do a neat job and do exactly as the post below mentions to get the signal to a socket near the ciggie lighter. Then you will need a third cable of 3.5mm to 3.5mm male connectors between the two other cables.

How To: 3.5mm stereo to Bose System - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 / Mazda Atenza Forum

It may not be pretty but I couldn't find a cable that converts mini-usb to male 3.5mm, which then still needs to plug into a 3.5mm socket as per the link above.

Good luck with it.

Anybody else know of a cleaner solution?
    Red '05 6MPS.

Thanks Penguin! I will attempt it and let you know how it goes.