User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cuting out at 5000rpm 0 degrees

Unhappy Cuting out at 5000rpm 0 degrees

Got a interesting one for you's all!!!! went to over take a car in 3 got to 5000rpm and started to cut out bad so i slowed down again start at 2500rpm push the throttle and it done it again at 5000rpm.... the temp outside was 0-1 degree, only time it as been that cold. got in the car this afternoon temp 16ish degrees and it was fine never done it!! it was fuel cut, could have been electical breaking down. i have felt it before on my older cars when they broke down.. any thoughts?

Has the car been tuned since the turbo upgrade?

What boost are you running?

Cold air is denser and may be causing a boost related issue.

Mine has a cut from overboost on very cold mornings. I have a dual stage boost controller now set at 1psi less for cold days.

Boost standard. and standard tune. i was thinking the same, or maybe the denser air upsetting air/fuel ratios?

search cold weather cut on mazdaspeedforums.org

lots of info there

The boost may be std, but the bigger internals in the huffer can cause issues.

goodluck

Have you changed the spark plugs recently?
    Or checked the plug gaps?

My old GTi-R had a simular problem to what you describe, and it turned out to be incorrect plug gaps.
    It would splutter and miss at 5000rpm, but then go as per normal from 6000rpm onwards

Luke you seem to have some sort of issues as mine, went on a Opel cruise on the 2nd of Jan this year in 2 and 3rd at 5500ish cutout like nothing and backed off and fine, then at bathurst nice crispy morning by myself country street flick it to 18psi to get a feel of it 1st to 2nd and in 3rd i decided to wind it hard and hit 5500rpm and i nearly went through the windscreen and popped 3 ribs and sore for a week and it happen coming down conrod straight at a slow speed and did it again in 4th at $1.60 with a sudden stop had the family in the car, boys checked it when i got back and the gadget picked up that it had some boost cuts / spikes ( protection mode ) Is this the same thing your having... They tuned it differently and it hasn't happen again....

..... cant wait to send it for a tune..hurry up 4 weeks lol............ it think it is the same problem as your having. anyways tune soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woot

Ladies and gentle man! been to mazda for a service they said this problem is the injectors leaning out. after the service its doing it a lot more now happend all teh way home tonight 17 degrees .. 3-4 gear.. thinking it is the fuel pump cutting fuel at 5000rpm boost,torque cut...?

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

if you are doing anything more than tbe,intake........ YOU WILL NEED A TUNE!!!!! this is my experence!!!!!mazda restrict this s#&@ out of the mps... and keep it safe for those who neglect there cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

So does this mean your gonna need something like the CPE pump before your upcoming tune?

i think with a tune they control and stop the fuel cut. which will stop the issue of the ecu cutting the fuel. correct me if im wrong?.i think this is what mazda ment cuz it does it only 5000-5500....

I thought the reason for fuel cut is because its lean, which is due to the stock pump not being able to keep good pressure throughout the rev range. so it cuts to prevent dangerous levels of lean out.
    If it was boost cut i know they can raise the boost ceiling, but im not sure about the fuel cut. Especially if its because your pump isnt keeping up.
    Might be worth looking into more. It'd suck to get to MRT and find out you needed a pump first.
    But if you have been told the injectors are leaning out i think that means your pump isnt keeping up?
    Im sure someone here with have more info on this......

i agree with bd581, have you checked your spark plugs, my old car xr6 turbo was running fine in summer after it got a flash tune then when winter hit and the cold nights i would hit it and high in the rev range it would cut out, i thought it was the fuel pump aswell, but i informed to regap the spark plugs from .8 to .7 and fixed the problem right away.

After seeing the dyno sheets in your other thread, I'd say it is fuel cut, but because it is running too rich.

i thought that as well, hence why mazda said the injectors were leaning out (but they never explained it like this) by the fuel cut at the higher rpm where im having trouble 2nd gear 6000rpm, 3rd at 5500, 4th 5000-5500, 5th 5000-5500

If you take off from stand still, drive it hard through the gears, does it cut? Mine wouldn't in this scenario.

If you accelerate from 2nd, under load, does it cut? This is were mine would cut.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    If you take off from stand still, drive it hard through the gears, does it cut? Mine wouldn't in this scenario.

If you accelerate from 2nd, under load, does it cut? This is were mine would cut.
    Mine has done both ways the 1st senario feels like you've hit a wall at 200k's and throw a few ribs out... Very rare but has happen 2 or 3 times and the 2nd senario happens on a regular occasion mainly when cold...

mine does it going throught the gears. and now sometimes any gear foot down 2000rpm to 5000 gets ok gets too 5200+rpm and starts...

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

after the service by mazda it got worse

2xs.. did you upgrade you fuel pump? or just lean it out a little?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    2xs.. did you upgrade you fuel pump? or just lean it out a little?
    I don't think he has Doc, not 100%, but pretty sure 99.999999999 That is upgrade the fuel pump.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast