User Tag List

Thread: Full control Flash fuel/throttle control

Default Full control Flash fuel/throttle control

Saw this looks promising....http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/pro...e-control.html

thought of running it with a stand back? wondered if anyone here has used or has this? heard anything about it? i have spoken to mpsgarage sounds interesting!! what do you's think???

2. Default

Had a read and sounds great, but a two week turnaround, ouch! And $850, Bloody expensive. But i am getting frustrated at the tourque limiting in first etc.

The flash tune from Chiptorque controls the throttle, and you get a tune at the same time. It opens to 100% aswell.

For a little over the $1000 mark, I got it.

4. Default

The throttle control figures are in degree not percent.
    90 is full open butterfly.

For most the active throttle control moves the throttle plate to the foot pedal. the same as if it was an cable throttle body system, unlike the other flashes that hold open.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsgarage View Post

For most the active throttle control moves the throttle plate to the foot pedal. the same as if it was an cable throttle body system, unlike the other flashes that hold open.
    hey mate what do u mean by "for most"? sorry im just trying to understand how this system works as im looking into getting a tune soon.
    --- CPe DP + Custom 3" Stainless CBE --- Turbo Timer --- CPe CAI --- Turbo XS BPV --- CPe 75 Duro Rear Engine Mount --- 2XS SSP ---

Quote Originally Posted by mpsgarage View Post

Does this give you full control of the closing operation aswell as the the opening?
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

7. Default

Stage one is a choice of fuel / timing or throttle.

Yes the pedal & butterfly are active with each other both on raise & fall. The other big things will be ESC & MAF housing sizes.

So are we supposed to do without a car for TWO WEEKS !!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats ridiculous.......

9. Default

I would get this done straight away if it wasn't for the 2 week turnaround. It is absolutely ridiculous. There has to be another way to get it. Antone have any ideas???

*searches wreckers for MPS ECU*

Maybe MPSgarage could source a spare ECU for those that would like it done..........

As an exchange sort of deal.

11. Default

now if that was the case i would get it asap. Surely that would be something they should think about sooner rather than later.

Had a question. Does the flash stop the throttle control during first and second gear AS WELL as during turning etc? In other words will it act like a conventional throttle cable in all instances?

Turning? You mean the SWAS? Steering Wheel Angle Sensor. Boost reduction due to the angle/percent the steering wheel is at.

Or boost reduction/limitation in the lower gears?

13. Default

yes both. your explanation sounds alot fancier than my bogan english!

Does the flash keep throttle control open during these times?

And mpsgarage: Would getting an ECU so as to swap during the turnaround be an option? If so i'll get it straight away.

14. Default

anybody? mpsgarage

The SWAS can be removed/unplugged.

Some say it is a benefit, some don't.

Some flash tunes control the throttle (100%) and some just hold the throttle open.

It would be best to contact the makers/tuners of the flash products to get a better understanding of the type of control you want.

16. Default

The flash makes the throttle plate active to the pedal.
    So when the pedals down 30% throttle plate will be opened 30% or 27 percent.
    As for ECU trade each unit is coded to your VIN, so a exchange ECU will not work from a security point of view.
    We have been able to flash ECU for some time now, but havn't listed it because of the lead time. But now we have had so many inquires & asking for this item.
    We know this not for everyone but least you know it can be done by the guys that know the mzr inside out.