User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could it be Fuel cut?

Sounds like a dogy fuel filter or fuel pump to me. . Change your fuel filter first. . Might just be clogged with dirt and what not from servo's then if problem persists then try fuel pump. .

Its only when u mash the go pedal and go throught the gears, if you start in a gear and floor it doesnt do it. its def boost cut! as soon as u shift into 3 or 4 at 6000rpm it hits straight away 4000rpm. hits for a second lose power, than back full boost at 4800-5000!!(well im sure its boost cut)

Fuel filter can do that though My R was doing that changed the fuel filter and there was so much dirt and crud inside it. . after changing it, car drives like new

negative on the fuel filter budy

I'm with DOC. Given normal service and normal fuel, I'd say Fuel Filter is unlikely in this case. It is true that a grunged up FF will give that sort of response if it is really dirty, failing to feed on high demand. But the distinction with this case is that with a blocked FF, all performance will tend to progressively get worse with time through the rpm range. It's more common with diesels due to more frequent filter loading with wax or bacteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    I'm with DOC. Given normal service and normal fuel, I'd say Fuel Filter is unlikely in this case. It is true that a grunged up FF will give that sort of response if it is really dirty, failing to feed on high demand. But the distinction with this case is that with a blocked FF, all performance will tend to progressively get worse with time through the rpm range. It's more common with diesels due to more frequent filter loading with wax or bacteria.
    All i'm saying is pull it out and check. .. Was told the same thing by many Nissan guru's and after much debate pulled her out and more dirt then actual filter. Just think of all the crap on the bottom of a fuel station tank, i only ever use premium 98 and octane booster in my R.

Yes it does do this, my R showed no signs of this until high fuel pressure was needed 5000-5500rpm was mainly where it would happen, the car would hesitate for a spilt second and then continue to rev out as normal. . .

But hey this is a 1994 import from Japan made as a racecar not a aust. spec sports car so maybe MPS doesnt run the same sort of fuel pressure to even have this effect. . .
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

uh ha...

cars in for a service next tuesday. we will see if its any filter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12