User Tag List

Thread: Dashhawk Mazda3 MPS Compatibility

1. Default Dashhawk Mazda3 MPS Compatibility

Jerry here from the US. I was directed over because someone at one of our MPS forums said that some over here uses the dashhawk with the Gen2 Mazda3 MPS. I wanted to know if that was true. I'd done some light modding to mine SRI, RMM, Test Pipe, UR CBE & ETS TMIC. I want to be able to monitor things like fuel pressure, knock, IAT, Boost & etc.

Heres a shot a mine

Welcome Jerry,

I have moved your thread to the appropriate section, I believe there are a few Gen 2 guys running Dashawks successfully, I had heard that they had a limited PID listing, and then I have heard other rumors to the contrary.

Im sure some of our Gen2 guys will chime in and share their experiences.

3. Default

Thank you. I was told that non of the mazda specfic PIDs work but the standard PIDs do. Can anyone confirm this?

Hey Jerry, i use latest software version, has most of specific mazda PIDS, for my gen 2 Mps. You can also use the last beta version which i am told has almost all mazda specific s.
    inc in latest version are specific Mazda air, fuel,spark pids. Hope this helps.

5. Default

Are you able to check knock and boost?

I know you can check boost cause he's told me before that you can....
    Im thinking of getting one of these also now. Only thing is i have a Mac and know it doesnt work with that.
    Is that going to stop me from doing certain things? Im guessing itll just stop me from uploading logs to my computer to view?
    Is it going to suck for me?
    Thanks guys.

7. Default

Thats good to know, i think i' m going to see if i can get the beta version. If so then i may get the dashhawk.

thanks for coming on over

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

cotn.. you dont really need a computer interface.. you can set the unit up with its own User Interface.. its just slightly more fiddly..

dont you have a dual boot windows/mac thingo?

I dont have the stuff to run windows on my mac...
    i can get it, Itll just start to get more expensive is all.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX78 View Post
    Are you able to check knock and boost?
    Boost is fine , but i just tested knock and it is N/A. AFR is also N/A these may be in beta version

I think I may have to source one of these myself, sounds handy.

LTFT and STFT are some important things to be looking at..

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

can you see fuel pressure via fuel pressure DI?