User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RHD gauge pods for MPS 6 and 3

i got a RHD pod
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1198.JPG 
Views:	267 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	12953  

2. Default

Sorry to dig up an old thread.

I've got the triple gauge pod for the mps 3 and have some Defi gauges (boost, oil temp and pressure).

Anyone know what price range I should be looking at to get them fitted?

I've been quoted between $300 - $500, depending how much work needs to be done.

It sounds reasonable, but I just wanna make sure.

3. Default

The gen2 MPS 3 can be done as long as you guys willing to send me your vent.... I just did a GB over the MSF and they are all satisfied with it.. I'm trying to help as long as you guys are willing to let me help..

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimbo View Post
    Sorry to dig up an old thread.

I've got the triple gauge pod for the mps 3 and have some Defi gauges (boost, oil temp and pressure).

Anyone know what price range I should be looking at to get them fitted?

I've been quoted between $300 - $500, depending how much work needs to be done.

It sounds reasonable, but I just wanna make sure.
    My auto elect friend installed the gauges into my mps6 in about 30mins (that's just the wiring)
    My Baby 2005 Mazda6 MPS Dark Purple

Mods|Corksport SRI+Airbox|Corksport TIP|CP-e REM|JBR EngineMounts 80A|20% Tint|Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges (Boost & Water Temp & Oil Pressure)

Ordered|Corksport TMIC|Cobb AP|

5. Default

Hi guys, got my gauges installed and thought I'd put up a few pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	970041_10151664706833718_1105251720_n.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	14497   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1005890_10151664655268718_140705336_n.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	14498   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1004448_10151665878698718_2080351033_n.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	14499   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1016288_10151665878393718_1405828512_n.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	14500  

Gauges looking good I quite like these very fast and furious.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimbo View Post
    Hi guys, got my gauges installed and thought I'd put up a few pics.
    What's a third one? Boost, oil n ???

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Harry View Post
    What's a third one? Boost, oil n ???
    Oil temp AND oil pressure? Or is that a tacho on the left?

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Oil temp AND oil pressure? Or is that a tacho on the left?
    Luks tacho but I don't know how he got it working. I spent whole day to find constant rpm wire n was fail
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

How did you do it? I think mighty car mods way is the way to go, put car up on jack stands, take out the cluster so you have access to it, in neutral and just constantly vary the speed while using your multimeter to find the correct pin. The innovate gauge I'm putting in has boost and tach on the same gauge so I'll get to wire it in.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

How did you do it? I think mighty car mods way is the way to go, put car up on jack stands, take out the cluster so you have access to it, in neutral and just constantly vary the speed while using your multimeter to find the correct pin. The innovate gauge I'm putting in has boost and tach on the same gauge so I'll get to wire it in.

It's not a ford or Holden , there is no standard tach wire like other cars where you can just splice into it. Can bus is the culprit here. I have used multimeter, buying a rpm gauge in the first place was stupid idea anyway lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Harry View Post
    It's not a ford or Holden , there is no standard tach wire like other cars where you can just splice into it. Can bus is the culprit here. I have used multimeter, buying a rpm gauge in the first place was stupid idea anyway lol
    Well i didn't know that. Thankyou.
    What about the contact point where it powers the motor for the needle behind the cluster? I know that is getting very fiddly, but would that be possible?
    When you were checking with multimeter, were you checking points behind cluster, or points out of the ECU? (I don't know why you would buy an individual tach gauge, especially when there is one on your cluster. I'm only getting mine because it COMES with the boost gauge, and you can program a shift light to it not that I really care about the shift light)

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Well i didn't know that. Thankyou.
    What about the contact point where it powers the motor for the needle behind the cluster? I know that is getting very fiddly, but would that be possible?
    When you were checking with multimeter, were you checking points behind cluster, or points out of the ECU? (I don't know why you would buy an individual tach gauge, especially when there is one on your cluster. I'm only getting mine because it COMES with the boost gauge, and you can program a shift light to it not that I really care about the shift light)
    Well I had to fill the third hole n rpm gauge was the cheapest available. Lol I went thru all the ecu wires n found couple of them but they were giving false reading ( if car is on 3000rpm the wire will show 800 basically it wasn't accurate) couldn't be bothered taking out the whole gauge cluster, you will end up with micro scratches around the dash n I hate it

Fair enough i guess
    I'll figure out a way to do it. I'm fussy and don't want a gauge sitting there not functioning. Perhaps you need a signal booster or something. That however is a little over my head so I won't bother
    I'll post it all up when I do it.

Fair enough i guess
    I'll figure out a way to do it. I'm fussy and don't want a gauge sitting there not functioning. Perhaps you need a signal booster or something. That however is a little over my head so I won't bother
    I'll post it all up when I do it.
    Well at least it lights up. Lol taking the cluster out is the last option left. Trust me I even went to best installer in the Melbourne.

And the installer couldn't do it from the ecu? I was always going to try from the cluster first. Now I better get it to work from there!

And the installer couldn't do it from the ecu? I was always going to try from the cluster first. Now I better get it to work from there!

Nope

All these gauges are making me want to wire up the boost gauge I have laying around

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    All these gauges are making me want to wire up the boost gauge I have laying around
    Do itttt! Mechanical or electrical?

Elec, an autogauge defi dark/on knock off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast