User Tag List

Thread: IPOD connection for new generation mazda 3mps

Default IPOD connection for new generation mazda 3mps

this is my first posting so appologies up front for the quality and length but its the reult of a month of frustration with mazda and mazda dealers.
    WHen I learn how to use the forum properly I will post a picture of the car it has 19" wheels fitted which I think are pretty special.
    I have had my mazda 3mps for about a month now so its a new generation mazda.
    the dealer sold me an auxillary cable with the car on the basis it would give me full ipod control and track,artist,album display through the car stereo.
    Its gave me sound only.
    Spare parts then sold me a blue tooth connector ($124) on the basis it would give me full control and display .
    it gives me sound and the ability to skip tracks forward and backward, no display and will not connect reliably while my Iphone is connected and vice versa.
    In desparation I contacted Mazda direct about this and other issues which I will come to in another posting.
    Mazda recommended the Mazda ipod adapter accessory part number BBM2 79 CFZ IPOD INTEGRATION MODULE and sent me a user manual. The part number is critical as it appears earlier versions only give track and album number display not actual names.
    From reading the manual it appears that the adaptor will provide the controls for the ipod via the car ausio system the same as one gets when playing a CD which is great.
    It appears to provide track, album and artist display.
    But here is my dilema.
    I think the display is limited to the information screen on the dash and one has to push the DSP button on the dash to skip between the artist,track album display. Not very useful while you are driving.

When playing a CD the above is also true but and extra window appears in the gps/satnav area that displays track artist and album for the track currently playing. Wnich is much more useful.
    Is anyone able to tell me if that display is also provided when playing the ipod through the MAzda Ipod adapter/integration module. The dealers have no idea.

With the Ipod Adapter, It will display the Album,Artist & song in the Sat Nav screen as well as what you have selected to view in the other screen (eg just the text, album etc). The dealers/Mazda was sort of correct when they said that the bluetooth will give full control & display, just that the iphone is missing that ad2pr (correct me if i'm wrong somone).

Pretty much, the Ipod adapter makes the ipod look like a really big mp3 cd, and you can use it just the same, Disc up/down go through the options (eg playlists,albums,artists,song) and folder goes up through the selected artist,albums. the up down track only changes songs, It's a little confusing at first, but you'll get the hang on it after a while. My drama's i have it with the fkn Iphone getting the bluetooth connection after i connect it to my Ipod adapter and then it defaults to the last connection, and so i have to go into my ipod and change it back to Dock Connection.

Hope that helps.
    OMG pressing the right pedal makes me go forward!...but pressing the middle doesn't.. hows does that work?... aliens...

First of all welcome to the forum and congrats on your car, your going to love it, I had the previous model before my current one.

I picked up my 2010 MPS3 a few days ago and with it I got the Ipod connection I think you are talking about. ($500 cable in the glovebox). I have not played around with it much but it does give information on both screens. Information screen displays ipod, track number and time, the Sat/nav screen shows artist, album etc. Hope this helps you.

yes does display on sat nav screen as others have said
    it is the latest AVRCP that the iphone is missing cause apple ????????? so it doesnt have it. it's something like avrcp version 1.1 gives controls like skip/stop/pause/play, 1.2 gives text info and 1.3 gives full control. sadly iphone 4.0 software does not have the latest avrcp =\

Thanks heaps to all for the responses.
    It gives me the confidence to invest the $$$.

On another matter, a word of warning.
    Don't have a Mazda alarm fitted to your 2010 Mazda 3 MPS. I made the mistake of asking for one to be fitted when I purchased the car only to find out it changed the functionality of the door lock request button in the tail light. It changed it from a lock only to lock and unlock however the button did not also disarm or arm the alarm. I found out the hard way with arms full of groceries in the local shopping centre. I have recently had it removed and my money refunded and an after market Cobra alarm fitted that works perfectly with all of the functionality of the lock request buttons retained.

Thanks for the lead
    It took a while and trips to many dealers/spare parts but finaly found a young fella that was interested.
    Adaptor is now fitted and I am lovin the car and the music. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Thanks for the lead
    It took a while and trips to many dealers/spare parts but finaly found a young fella that was interested.
    So many hassles. Glad you're finally enjoying your ride. I have the same issues with my alarm. I cant open the tailgate without first unlocking the car. Bit of a bummer, but you get used to it. I've given up on the Ipod control. Have an iPhone so can't assed dealing with an IPod. I've had no hassles as it integrates easy in the car. I just get in and drive on and it remembers the last track.

What color did you buy? Luxury? Pics of the wheels would be nice. Welcome to the forum
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Thanks for the lead
    Hey mate, I wouldnt mind finding out which dealer etc so I can do the same , just a side note, I think the dealer was talking about you when I bought my MPS last week, I asked about the iPod/iPhone compatability and about the bluetooth thing, and they weren't sure about it, so they asked someone in spare parts who said that it doesn't need it etc... They said something about you getting the cable and the bluetooth thing and none working properly... :S (Penrith Dealer)

Just found out that when the iPhone I'd bluetoothed the big play pause button on the dash does actually work. Next track doesn't work tho

Thanks for the welcome.
    You can see from the date of this reply I unfortunately don't get to log on anywhere near often enough.
    The alarm is a real pain. The dealers should be shot for installing something that is not designed for the car.
    Anyway mines is gone at the dealers expense and I have had an aftermarket alarm with far more features installed at a lot less cost and the locking system functions as normal.
    The ipod adapter solves most of the problems and works pretty well. A least I can now enjoy the super sound system hands free.

The cars MPS 3 Luxury, colour black. I have had the upholstery changed to leather with the MPS logo in the seat back. Looks great.
    Back wheels were stolen recently.
    All back together again now I will try an post some pics in the next few days.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Hi
    Haven't been to the Penrith dealer but I have given the most of the CBS dealers such a hard time that I wouldn't doubt that they have been trying to find out how to fix the I pod issue.
    I hav been back to them all to tell them to tell them how incompetent they are and that one of their competitors solved the problem.
    I have Just been issued with an company Iphone. The inbuilt blue tooth compatabilty for hands free use of an I phone works perfectly for phone calls . Haven't tried the music side of things yet and probably won't now I have the Ipod working.
    I can assure you that the Blue Tooth adapter for the I Pod does not give anymore functionality than skip forwar skip back one track and volume. If youy are going that way you can have mine its just lying in the glove box.
    The dealer that finally worked out the ipod (its called an ipod adapter) was AMG Mazda. You need to start at the spare parts division in Marion Street Leichhardt talk to Andrew Castillo.
    You can either by the kit and have it fitted by your local dealer or sort it out with Andrew and have it fitted at AMG Leichhardt. But in any case I would make sure that Andrew is the centre of your dealings as the service centre I think still has no idea beyond following the fitting instructions.
    Enjoy your car.

Unless they have changed their name recently, i think you mean AMR Mazda in Leichardt

hi
    the reason why bluetooth doesnt work fully with the iphone is apple's fault.
    apple have not implemented the full AVRCP necessary to allow skipping tracks and display of track details.
    the iOS 4.1 update soon to be released by apple WILL allow this

i am eagerly awaiting it myself =D

i have an iphone 3gs and a gen2lux with ipod connection cable.

Quote Originally Posted by hng View Post
    hithe iOS 4.1 update soon to be released by apple WILL allow this

i am eagerly awaiting it myself =D
    You're not the only one. So 4.1 will have it definatley?
    When is it due?

now you got me excited !!
    Timbo

14 Mazda BT50 xt Boss Kit
    13 Volvo XC60 R-Design
    10 VR 3 Neo
    08 CX9 Luxury (sold)
    09 VR 3 MPS Luxury (sold)

soon i hope =D
    4.1 beta 3 just came out
    full AVRCP has been implemented since 4.1 beta 1 so it should definitely have it unless they take it out !

come on apple! probably in the next month? never know with when they release stuff

i did a bit of a google thing lastnight and there is an ap that you can buy that enables skip next and prev tracks using multiple presses of the play button on the headunit. Doesnt display tracks etc, but for me the simple function of next track means i can keep eyes on the road.
    I think ill get it as a stop gap until full control is released in an update.

AVRCP music track controls for iPhone for Bluetooth Headphones : JayBird Bluetrax application for iPhone : AVRCP music track controls for iPhone for Bluetooth Stereo Headphones : AVRCP music track controls for iPhone for Bluetooth Stereo Headset Head
    Timbo

14 Mazda BT50 xt Boss Kit
    13 Volvo XC60 R-Design
    10 VR 3 Neo
    08 CX9 Luxury (sold)
    09 VR 3 MPS Luxury (sold)

I ended up buying the app. It does skip forward and back in the mps. No track display