User Tag List

Thread: cx7 tune

Default cx7 tune

Ok after the sad weekend I just had (dyno) I have decided to get a tune. What's everyones opinion on what I should get. I am on a budget so like everyone I want the best product for my dollar.
    Mods so far
    - High flow cat
    - High flow muffler
    - SRI in custom box
    - custom turbo inlet
    - fmic
    I will be doing the dump pipe before the tune.
    Chiptorque said the car is running very rich (exact words were "swimming")
    So what do I do?

What size is the SRI housing ID? This may be the cause of the "swimming" Too small will cause it to be rich, if you increase the size it can lean it out safely and make more power.

Do you have a DashHawk? Can you get the AFRs?

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    What size is the SRI housing ID? This may be the cause of the "swimming" Too small will cause it to be rich, if you increase the size it can lean it out safely and make more power.

Do you have a DashHawk? Can you get the AFRs?
    No I don't have a dashhawk. The sri is a CPE cai cut down and has 3" piping
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sri..jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	3677  
    2007 Aurora Blue Mazda Cx7 ,on 20's, Pedders lowered springs, high flow cat and muffler, FMIC, CPE cai, TurboXS bov, 2 x Kid seats.

Maybe you should try geting the insert available. It has air strighteners in it to help the MAF signal.

The ID of the MAF should be around 2 3/4". Check the ID on the std airbox and the same with the SRI.

CPE has straighteners.. and its the correct size...

changing the Maf housing diameter will not change the AFR.. it will only change the fuel trims (ie How much fuel the ECU need to add or remove to keep actual AFR the same as commanded AFR.

if you fit a maf housing which is too big.. the LTFT (long term fuel trim) will go more than %20 and bingo.. CEL...

Chiptorque seem to be doing a good job so far.. let them have a crack at it