User Tag List

Thread: Stop lights and plate lights

Default Stop lights and plate lights

While changing my plate lights for leds the plates lights stopped working and not sure if this related with one of my stop rear lights (right one) not working on parker mode either, however when I press the brake pedal the light works, so the light itself isnt broken. Any ideas whats happening?

If it is a quick fix I rather do it myself than waiting until tuesday to take it to mazda.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Will have a look at the manual later and see if i can find anything, no liking the idea of waiting until Tuesday.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Had a look at the manual and the next step is to check if there is a blown fuse, in this case fuse No.46 called "TAIL R" this fuse looks after Tail Light(RH), Parking Lights (RH) and number plates lights.
    Last edited by Nirvandan; 25-04-2010 at 12:10 AM.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Fuse or bulb. not too complicated. No need for the mazda hacks to go anywhere near you car

I don't know how Mazda has done it, but from what I've seen they tend to either use 2 bulbs for the breaks or two filaments in one bulb. Hardest part is getting to the bulb, so maybe check the fuses first but most likely its just the bulb broken. As for the LEDs thats a bit suspicious but possibly just a coincidence, if both have failed it's likely the fuse.

You should be able to tell if anything has failed really easily, fuses normally have a clear(er) section to show you the fuse, if its broken or black replace it. Same deal for the bulb, just be aware if it's a twin filament one it might still have one perfectly fine filament in it.

It was a blown fuse.

Replaced it with the "Sun Roof" fuse which was of the same kind of fuse(7.5A)

All working now

......sunroof is fcked now though
    Last edited by Nirvandan; 25-04-2010 at 12:12 AM.

..hold on you have a sun roof in your MPS?

Or did they just have a fuse in there?

they just have a fuse in there

Good to hear New fuse solves all issue's