User Tag List

Thread: DVD and GPS system for mazda 3 2003-2009

Default DVD and GPS system for mazda 3 2003-2009

Has anyone seen these units on ebay. They are shipped from Queensland at around $600 plus postage and look quite smart as a replacement for the original stereo and work with all the factory steering wheel audio controls. Does anyone already have one and if so is it any good ? Does it fit properly and match the interior colour (dark enough) ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mazda3_008..jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	3477Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mazda3_011..jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	3478Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mazda3_009..jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	3479Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mazda3_007..jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	3480Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mazda3_003..jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	3481

... you get what you pay for. can't imagine it would be all that great. looks good though

Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Blog Entries

Default In Dash GPS

Mate its been covered before. Its the same as the Caska 3635 or the Australian imported Polaris 3035, although the interface looks more like the Caska version. There is a sale on at Polaris probably to get rid of the units with the "old" interface.

I have had the Polaris for about a year now and have had no problems with it. The only problems are:

1. Colour: The Polaris unit only seems to come in Black. Not the Silver like the OEM.
    2. Fit: Fits well but where the bottom of the unit meets up with the top of the climate control section, it does not mate up as good as the OEM.

All the controls work same as the OEM unit, and I believe that it actually sounds better. All in all great value especially at this price.

The Caska unit I believe comes in Flat Black, Silver or Piano black.

The Caska unit has been discussed heaps here:
    Gauging Interest for Caska In Dash Navigation Unit Group Buy - Mazdaspeed Forums

to lead your digital life...

Polaris GPS
    Last edited by tigamica350; 03-04-2010 at 09:00 PM.
    2006 True Red Gen 1 3 MPS Sports.

ZOOM ZOOM ZZOOMZ

Corksport Stuff, Special Mazda 6 Horn

thanks for the info, didn't look at mazdaspeed forums, Unit does look good but have heard of incompatabilities with vehicles that have BOSE system fitted. is this the case?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fred4324 View Post
    thanks for the info, didn't look at mazdaspeed forums, Unit does look good but have heard of incompatabilities with vehicles that have BOSE system fitted. is this the case?
    No mate, not quite true. The incompatibility comes from getting the wrong wiring harness. The standard harness suits the standard H/U and as such does not have a connection to power the amp (Brown wire floating free with out a plug) I purchased mine from Polaris who has the correct plug which works perfectly with it the bose system. In fact I think it sounds better than the standard clarion H/U.

The only issue is that the Polaris H/U uses the older style graphical interface not the same as the Caska unit. I guess you could get the Caska unit from O/S and the get the Bose specific harness from Polaris if they would sell it to you.

ZOOM ZOOM ZZOOMZ

on ebay i saw one end at $490 about a month ago.

Well, I bought one from Polaris but man their website is rubbish. Bought it online no troubles $595 with reverse Camera but there is no provision for colour or type of audio system (standard or Bose). Emailed them before hand and phoned them after ordering online and they still got it wrong. No silver ones in their stock (not mentioned in return email or phone call) and then when i plugged it in they also didn't send the Bose compatible cable for true Plug N Play. Am waiting response to email a.t.m. but will have to wait till monday. Was so looking forward to playing with the new toy. BTW black unit still looks OK with silver climate control surround.

could you post a pic fred4324 when you can - am thinking about getting one of these at some stage

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fred4324 View Post
    Well, I bought one from Polaris but man their website is rubbish. Bought it online no troubles $595 with reverse Camera but there is no provision for colour or type of audio system (standard or Bose). Emailed them before hand and phoned them after ordering online and they still got it wrong. No silver ones in their stock (not mentioned in return email or phone call) and then when i plugged it in they also didn't send the Bose compatible cable for true Plug N Play. Am waiting response to email a.t.m. but will have to wait till monday. Was so looking forward to playing with the new toy. BTW black unit still looks OK with silver climate control surround.
    Fred I had the same issue with the Bose, i.e I didn't know there was a difference between the harnesess. I rang their office had a bitch about it and they sent me the right harness no questions asked. Got it a couple of days later. The hardest part was trying to fit all the wiring behind the unit. The black looks fine unless you knew there was a silver one there before. Only bitch I could say about it is the brightness adjustment.

Damo

ZOOM ZOOM ZZOOMZ

just checked out tigamica350's pics on his ride page, it looks quite good........................another thing to add to the list..........just when it was going down too

Yeah they sent the right harness, the only difference was the connector plugs for the amp on the second one which still had the wires just no terminals, wish i had realised this then i could have fitted it over the weekend instead of waiting. I also realise why they are selling cheap the GUI or Graphic User Interface is bad and there is a new model coming (PID3635) with much better controls and graphics and i believe more features. Ahh well what can you expect for half price!!!