User Tag List

Thread: Gen2 GPS Volume question

Default Gen2 GPS Volume question

I find the voice commands from the GPS a little obtrusive in the Gen2 because it interupts my music at every turn so I chose to mute the voice completely which works great.

The problem is, when I turn off the ignition and come back to the car later, the voice volume resets itself to the default. I can't find anything in the manual to do with saving settings and can't find a menu option to do so.

Can someone with a Gen2 please let me know if this is normal behaviour or if I'm just missing something obvious, or option three, my GPS is kapput?

2. Default

i find that it doesn't actually default to a specific volume, but that of your last "non muted" volume when you turned the car off.

so if you turn the car off with it set on 10, the gps will start back up on volume 10. trying turning volume down to 1 and turning the car off.. should start up at that volume. doesn't really help i know. i always mute it before setting a route now, as i find it just as annoying as you do when it hijacks the audio.

Bugger, oh well. Thanks for the reply.

The GPS volume has a mind of its own and it drives me insane! Sometimes after i set to a desired level, i find it can go up or down during the trip.
    Its never consistent.