User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuning in Melbourne

Default Tuning in Melbourne

So far all the talk about tuning either seems to be in Brisbane or Sydney which is a bit of a problem for me as I live in Melbourne. I would love to grab the Haltech that 30MPS is selling but atm I don't know where I can get it tuned. I would prefer not to go to a place with no experience working on the car.

So anyone dealt with a tuner in Melbourne or heard good things about one?

in the same boat and havent really heard of many places tuning or touched the MPS.

Was thinking about taking it to Chequred Tuning (formly Status Tuning - Nissan house id say) only because my friends have taken there cars S14, GTR there for tuning + rebuilds

still undecided on where to go though

ill be wanting a tune for the Standback

I'm in the same boat here in Melb.. we should find somewhere together maybe? Then at least we can get someone who can build some know how and maybe even get a group deal (worth a shot)

I've found this guy, etuner, through this post on his forum.

Seems a Daniel got a MPS6 with a haltech and mods done by him. I read somewhere he uses the RE Customs dyno/shop when to do tunes. I have been down to RE to get a power run / stock dyno done... seemed like nice enough guys, had a few Evos etc there

What do you guys think?

Definately a possibility. If we could organise a group of people it'd probably save us a bit of cash. Not to mention if they have actually worked on one before we won't individually teach different dynos how to tune our cars. Anyone else around who would be interested?

sounds good about RE as a friend goes there a bit for his 350.

and we need someone in VIC to tune

im interested for a group tune
    Last edited by KRNAGE; 25-02-2010 at 06:53 AM.

When are you guys looking to do a tune?

I'm waiting a bunch of parts from MPSgarage for awhile now. I'd wanna get those in before hand.

No real rush for me, I got the exhaust and intake done now might get a new BPV if I plan to up boost, any other upgrades will be unlikely to have any real effect on tune.

no real rush here either so take your time
    waiting on piping to finish off my front mount

Maybe at this stage we should see if we could get anyone else interested and find out exactly where we want to do this. The more people we get the cheaper it should be hopefully. Also don't forget I will need a 4WD dyno. Cletusb you drive a 3 or 6?

I've got a 2006 mps6. Re customs has an AWD dyno.

More people would be great but see how we go. Would you guys be interested in an install day before the tunes? Get everyones mods on the car

happy to watch\help for the mods - what needs fitting?
    looks like im the only one with a 3

Ahh mods.. lets see lol.. I've got but not installed or will soon when it gets shipped,

TMIC, suction pipe, boost tubes, BOV, standback w/ pnp harness, sri w/ inlet pipe, boost gauge and shifter brushings

I think thats it haha..

nice list! and good to see im not the only standback user

should be able to do a day session to get all those mods in

yeah most of the things connect in a way, like the intercooler pipes etc, so shouldn't be too hard...

I'm really thinking I should get an exhaust before the tune as well but I'm not sure what to get

yeah why not then you dont need to get another tune after but at least someone will know how to tune with the SB

Oh I have an engine mount too lol

Yeah I can't decide to get like a CPE/CS system or try get something custom. Don't know any good exhaust places in melb?

My system was custom made for another guy, Daz and installed by Ringwood performance exhaust. Took them about 14 hours or something because its the first they have ever done. Although 2nd time around they may do it faster or at least give a more accurate quote.

As for getting it custom made the car is a bit rare so just about any place in melb would be doing it one off and may not do the best job *shrug* could be a bit hit and miss.

yeah go for a CPE/CS system as it should be a easier for a shop to install - i fitted my downpipe and its a pita but have all the tools if you wanted to attempt yourself.
    im running a CS system and it sounds awesome, just need to finish off the second cat section

I'm going to try get a quote during this week for the exhaust. Depending on what I get I might just end up with an ATP downpipe and CS Catback

20. Default

i would definitely be in for any tuning options in melbourne. also had a quote for tbe with split dump and varex muffler the other day for $1700 full stainless...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast