User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Tuning in Melbourne

yeap running both O2 sensors, the second O2 sensor uses an extender, this is on the Corksport dp

before this group tune, i was going to visit Status just from friends experience but whatever goes here is fine by me

another question, will the SB guys get 2 maps? i havent run my map switch in the car yet but wouldnt mind a low and high map

So when are we going to be doing this? Now that my intercooler plans are dead in the water I'm pretty much ready. I just need to install the Haltech, if I can figure it out, or I'll get them to do it for me.

yet to install my front mount which i can probably do this weekend then should be good after that, probably should get my exhaust leak fixed too, then im good for a tune

Need to get the exhaust here + still waiting on MPS Garage for some parts. Once they show up I can get the exhaust installed.

I'll try get onto MPSG tomoz and find out what the eta is

5. Default

i'm just waitin for my standback to arrive and hopefully get my exhaust installed next week.

MPSG said they will ship out my SRI and PnP today. Have to wait for exhaust hangers and Cold Air Box but they wont affect the tune

Once they get here I'll book in for exhaust and I'll be ready then

Well I sent an email to RE customs today about getting the haltech installed, just curious how much it would cost me for them to do it and also mentioned the group tune. I'll give you guys a yell when they get back to me.

When I was there they mentioned their workshop rate was 80 or 100 and hour can't remember which. Depends how long it will take I guess.

thanks for the update, im sure we are all itching to get tuned so let us know details when you can

did we want to confirm etuners price as well?

No, we really need to do that so we can decide which. I was also hoping with RE that they would consider a group discount, as I mentioned to them we had 4 very similar cars. I have no idea how to message etuner so one of you guys will have to.

Etuner said when I first emailed him..
    Approx pricing for a bottom up tune would be in the $500-700 region at most depending on the modifications and the total dyno time requested for fine tuning
    I will confirm with him now tho

When I was at RE they RE guy I spoke to pretty much said it was up to us who we wanted to do the tune but then told me to talk about it with etuner
    Last edited by cletusb; 19-03-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Reply from Etuner

Hi David,
    Around the $500-700 mark would be for any piggyback computer mate, either the Standback or Haltech. For min of 2 cars i can definitely do $500 flat, no problem.

Flash tune i could arrange for $600per flash tune, minimum 3 cars, which would include the days dyno time for the first car, 3 hours for the second. Another option i could provide would be say $250 for a flash on top of a piggyback tune, this would redo the throttle and desired torque map, remove all limiters, redo camshaft position maps - basically everything but the ignition and fuel side of things.

Hope that sounds reasonable.

Thanks,
    Cihan

PS> i will be doing automotive related work & tuning on Friday evening + Saturdays only come next week. That may suit some of you that find it hard getting time off
    So $500 for everyones piggybacks to get tuned... plus $250 if we want to get the flash side of things done with mazdaedit or wait on versatuner when that comes out we could do it ourselves maybe lol
    Flashs aside I think the the price is good for the piggyback tunning what you guys think?

thats a great price for tune and flash - I'd consider both

Ive decided I should finish off my exhaust before the tune so I dont have to get it tweaked again, so am trying to order the last piece but dont know how long this will take to arrive. I will install my front mount this Sunday so one less thing

Who is wanting to get tuned now?

Perhaps we split into groups of 2 and 1 group goes now and other later on? seems pricing will allow this..........

EDIT: If a retune price is not much, then I'll be good to go now / after I install FMIC and can retune once my exhaust piece arrives (mid pipe)
    Last edited by KRNAGE; 24-03-2010 at 09:59 AM.

14. Default

Looks like etuner might be the way to go.

I'm holding off for a while with my exhaust so i'd be ready to tune asap.

How much do you think it would be to get a retune later on down the track? Only be a few hours i would think?

Friday night and saturday would be good for me if etuner can do it?

I'm waiting on doing an exhaust too so unless anyone is really itching to get it done very soon we can prob wait by the sounds of it.

I've got my downpipe just gotta get a day off so I can go get it and a custom cat back installed

EDIT
    Should be getting the exhaust done Monday after easter so no just waiting on MPSG to send my PnP and SRI

Also ChipTorque look like they are close to having their flasher ready with the announcement today
    Last edited by cletusb; 25-03-2010 at 12:52 PM.

Front mount fitted so waiting on my last bit of exhaust to be ordered and sent over

Looks great

Where are you ordering parts from? I was thinking of getting one last shippment from the states b4 the tune... anyway looking at getting anything?

18. Default

Got my TBE from mpsgarage and getting it installed for $300 with a loan car which is pretty good! Installer reckons the car will still show the cel with the cpe downpipe but i'm sure it will be fine.

So after monday i'm ready to go with tuning. Is anyone else ready? maybe 2 of us can get it done first maybe?

I need to get my meth kit in and the Haltech in and I am ready to go. The Wotbox won't be important for the tune but it might be useful to have it put in at the same time as the Haltech.

im still waiting on exhaust shipping (race pipe/mid pipe with a cat) just to fix the leak I have, I spose I could goo it up......................

thats a good install price for the TBE, have they done one before?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast