User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuning in Melbourne

As long as the o2 sensors are in the right spot, either side of the CAT as you say, you shouldn't get a CEL

Or you can try the spacer trick I plan to try out soon.
    Like this! (although note I cant say the part is exactly right, that just shows you what people mean by spacer etc.)

If you try to put it either side of the cat be aware they need an auto electrician to extend the length of the 2nd O2 sensor

thats what is included on the CS DP and what im running (just a single piece and not double up like they have used)

You don't happen to know the diameter do you? I'm also trying to figure out if this is something I can do if I get the car up on jacks/ramps or if I need to get the dump removed to have this done. Anyone know?

sorry no idea on the diameter, maybe MPS Garage have a CS DP in stock and can measure it for you.............

I put my dp in myself with jacks (cars too low for ramps) and have an O2 sensor remover if you need to borrow (rather than paying $50-60 to use it once )
    I can come around if you want and try be of some help. im no mechanic though so just used guides to get all my bits in

you'll want a 14mm socket set + extensions and breaker bar, 13mm spanner to remove 1 bolt but maybe not needed (i had to as i fitted a manifold at the same time) and an O2 sensor remover - that should do all the top bolts with the car still on the ground then you jack it up to remove the bolts from the midpipe/catback section - but havent seen under a 6 so it might be slightly different with space, engine room

6. Default

So when are you guys keen to get the tuning underway? I'm ready to go in the next few weeks. Maybe i can book it in with trent in the next few days...

hopefully in the next week or 2 my last bits arrive to fit up my front mount then ill be ready, if i can get my money off the mrs lol
    think the other guys might want a bit of time for mods to arrive too but im sure they'll chime in shortly to let us know

will be nice before 23 May but I dont mind if its after

Yeah I'm just waiting on some parts from MPS Garage, then get my exhaust done but that wont take long once MPSG gets my stuff to me

Have we decided on a tuner then?

I still need to get my hands on the haltech, fix my exhaust and am considering a new BPV and maybe the FMIC... I would like to have them all done before it is tuned. Also was curious the 4 for $500 deal was that relying on us all having standback? I dont want to turn up and then they bump up the price for us all because I have a haltech instead.

Dont think it would matter what tuning you are using but we can ask to 2x check

What BPV you wanting Nep.. I have a TS Dual Port here if you were interested in that?

kccortez, is Trent open to having another model mazda come along with the discount price? friends FD needs a retune after installing his exhaust
    also my last bits arrived for the front mount so ill look at putting this in maybe next weekend or this weekend if im feeling motivated

I'm going to go to status today coz I have the day off so I'll ask.

Let me know if you would like a hand with the intercooler setup.. I'll try be free to lend a hand

Spoke to a few people today re: getting tunes done

Seems Status only has a 2WD dyno so for us 6 guys thats no good, could hire out RE Customs dyno with him but thats what Etuner does and Etuner has a working relationship there

As I said before too Etuner was willing to buy MazdaEdit from episoft (about $1000 USD I think) and use that to fix throttle plates etc. He was happy to do that even if he broke even on the whole deal

What you guys think?

well since i seem to be the odd one out in the 3, im happy to go where it suits the 6's

i havent kept up to date with MazdaEdit, but has this been working out for the US guys? will look it up tonight

so with Etuner, he will tune piggybacks and also flash? or just flash tune only

I've hada bit of look at MazdaEdit with no real conclusion.. let us know what you find out. Tho I think phoenix power in japn might use it but thats a wild guess.
    VersaTuner is also in beta so that could be an option soon

Etuner would tuner the piggybacks and prob just use the flash for the things the piggybacks don't do like the throttle plate

16. Default

Just ordered my pnp standback and cpe CAI for my 3.

I really thought status had awd capabilities though i did get a rwd stagea tuned. I think either way would be great though don't know much about etuner.
    Are they quite good on the tuning side of things?

As for having cars other than the mazda mps if everyone decided to go status we could surely ask.

Also do any of you have a full tbe exhaust and have issues with cel or smoke. And can the standback adjust the o2 sensors so no cel come up? Just wondering whether i should get my exhaust done now or wait till later.

After talking with Etuner I have no prob handing my keys to him but in saying that Status was just as if not more helpful with the chats I had today

I guess for me it comes down to the exp with MPS and willing to look at MazdaEdit for flashes that would make me vote for Etuner at this stage.. said it would be good learning more about the cars and he would prob give it a full day maybe even two. If he did get the mazdaedit he would prob just brake even on doing 4 tunes
    In saying that tho I think either would be good and I could just as easily go to Status if thats were everyone else wants to go.

I'd get your exhaust done before the tune kccortez, that is what I'll be doing as a full TBE or even DP is a bigish mod for these cars
    Last edited by cletusb; 11-03-2010 at 08:12 PM.

Definitely get the exhaust done before the tune, otherwise you will just need another tune afterwards to get full potential. I haven't had smoking with modified exhaust but some people get it on stock, others once they modified and some of us are lucky enough to never get it. *fingers crossed* As for the O2 sensor, I doubt it would be able to, but I could be wrong. I don't think the second sensor really has any importance when it comes to performance so I doubt they would bother tinkering with its input.

havent found much info regarding MazdaEdit but only had a quick look around

im down for where ever, both Trent and etuner seem to be helpful, so its just a matter of us all deciding i guess.

Does etuner thing Mazdaedit is any good? assuming he must know a bit why hes looking at it

no smoke or cel here, running catless downpipe, just need to change over my midpipe and ill have a "proper" tbe rather than stock midpipe + leak lol

20. Default

I guess i would sway more to chequered tuning, mainly because of so many recommendations and my own experience with them. Trent is a fantastic tuner and great to deal with. But either way i'm fine.

krnage, did you reconnect your o2 sensors.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast