User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuning in Melbourne

Hey Kccortez, welcome

Do you have a tuning product atm (standback?)
    What car and mods you currently have?

Be great to get you in on a group install and tune
    Last edited by cletusb; 01-03-2010 at 09:49 PM.

2. Default

cheers mate. Still undecided whether to get standback, xede or wait for chiptorque to release their easyflash. Have a cpe mount ready to be installed, getting a CAI probably cpe and will book in the exhaust soon.

Which cpu are you guys thinking of going for?

Would definitely be in for a tune. Have used status tuning and chasers motorsport in the past and they were great!

I'm grabbing that haltech that's around because the guy who previously owned my exhaust has maps for it when his car was using the exhaust and a new intake so it should be perfect. However I may change a few other things and it might be good to have someone check and tinker with the maps anyway.

Also was that exhaust $1700 including install? If so that's a pretty good deal assuming they do a good job. My exhaust cost $600 in install alone! If possible get a solid quote on the install as its a massive bitch of a job.

welcome kccortez (friend is selling his xede and pnp harness for an option)

both cletusb and I have the Standback and :edit: Nepharius post beat me

Status I mentioned earlier (who I think are now Chequered) and never thought about checking out Chasers - I have been there for a dyno

anyway more options for a tuner the better

:edit:
    cost me $50 to install catback one early morning at a shop (they did my one and a friends at the same time) and installed manifold and downpipe myself

I'd still opt for a tune or check Nepharius, mods may be the same but your car might act slightly different - just to be safe!
    Last edited by KRNAGE; 02-03-2010 at 01:48 PM.

I gues the million dollar question is how should we decide on which tuner to go to...
    Some have taken cars to Status/Chequered and Chasers, or we have etuner who has done an MPS before working out of RE Customs.
    I've heard very mixed things about Chasers myself, take it for what you will

Once we have the set we can do the install day and from there the tune day

I got an exhaust quote today which seemed good (went to Performance in Ringwood Nep). Just gotta order a downpipe and get them to do the catback. I think that will be the best way to go

1) etuner
    2) RE Customs
    3) Status/Chequered

get quotes from all (obviously will be estimates) and decide from there, potentially etuner should come in a bit cheaper as they/them have tuned an MPS so have had experience cutting down the learning time

Etuner would be done at RE Customs as its just a guy who does tuning not a shop if I understand correctly

I can try contact etuner/RE Customs and maybe Kccortez or Karnage can see about Status if you have have had exp with them before?

EDIT
    I just sent an email to Etuner. Let you know what he says
    Last edited by cletusb; 02-03-2010 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Extra info

8. Default

i'll give trent at status tuning a call. How many of would their be atm. About 4?

And do you guys recommend the pnp harness with the standback or just wire it in if warranty is not an issue?

Would most be using a standback?

That would be awesome Kccortez

We have at least 2 on the standback, not sure what Nep is or is planning on running. Maybe Haltech?

Say 4 atm. Might get 1 or 2 more if lucky

I prefer the PnP harness method. Costs more yes but less chance of stuffups at least but thats me. If not using the standback (or even if you are?) you can get PG's PnP harness which is "universal". Tho I know the MPS6 Standback needs longer wires for its harness then the MS6 do so I don't know if the PG harness is affected the same way with the standback or other piggybacks

have heard good stuff about Trent as my friends GTR was built by him along with a friends S14 anyways

I went PNP method because it was simple and I dont trust myself cutting wires

If he wants to see the software, standback etc I can help out (tuning software can be downloaded from CP-E's website), just I live on the other side of town so a weekend is only the best time for me.
    Last edited by KRNAGE; 03-03-2010 at 08:45 AM.

11. Default

i left a message with trent so i let you guys know when i hear back.

Think i might get the standback2 with the harness. seems to be the best option.

do you guys have any exhaust mods or just stock?

ok cool, thanks for calling

I have a ProtegeGarage Manifold, Corksport downpipe and Corksport catback, ideally want to get a v2 Corksport race pipe and add a highflow cat to complete my exhaust but dont know when I'll get that

Thanks kccotez. I'll also post if I hear from etuner.

I am stock more or less atm but that will be fixed before the tune. Intake, exhaust etc

14. Default

trent from status tuning got back to me today. He is going to have a look at the software and standback details and get back to me so i'll keep u guys posted.

Etuner got back to me too. Seems very interested which is good. Said he might even have a way to do remaps so we can fix throttle plate etc which is even better. Depends on numbers what the cost would be but for Piggyback tuning I think we can say around $500-700. I'll find out what the go is about this flash/remap tho.

He also said he thinks the Greddy Emanage Ultimate might be a better choice for a tuning solution for the cars. Since I already have a standback I'll stick with that but Nepharius maybe you should look at it? It would be a better option then the Haltech I would say... who knows we might stumble onto something

16. Default

Hey guys, great news!

Was just on the phone with chequered tuning regarding tuning. He thinks he would be able to do a great tune with the standback. myself and many others know of their great tuning abilities and am sure trent is one of the best tuners in melbourne.

Prices he quoted were as follows:

4 or more cars- $500 for full tune
    3 cars- $550
    2 cars- $600

He could also install the standback if we haven't already or have a pnp harness for $200

Chequered tuning has a hub dyno and can do awd(mazda 6 mps) no worries

Let me know how many people are still keen, maybe we can spread the word and get a few more melbourne mps boys onboard!

cheers

Hmm so only for the standback? What if we have different hardware? I've got a haltech.

good news, im still interested

I'm all good to go with the SB, pnp is fitted and running in bypass mode at the moment.

thanks kccortez!!

Yes good news, I'm still interested too. My Standback/PnP still needs to be installed along with other goodies before the tune lol
    I'll have to get my arse in gear will I?

Pricing seems about the same as Etuner... tho Etuner did say he could get episofts Mazdatune software and do some flash tuning as well.. any idea if chequered could do this?

I'm sure both can do a haltech Nep

20. Default

Trent would surely tune a haltech no worries.

Would the flash tuning with the standback be better than just the standback ecu?

If their are 4 of us that would make it $500 each, which is pretty good for a full tune.

Getting a cpe intake but undecided on exhaust. Been quoted for$1700 for a full stainless with varex muffler including install but a bit worried about the cel errors coming up. If the shop places the second o2 sensor on the other side of the new cat will this stop cel occuring? or will it maybe not come up at all?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast