User Tag List

Thread: Reverse Camera for Gen 2 MPS?

Talking Reverse Camera for Gen 2 MPS?

Hi All
    Is there a way to install a reversing camera to the new Gen 2 system without changing the radio? Play it through the Sat Nav/Info system?

Moved to correct section :admin:

the JDM version of the MPS has a second touchscreen that we cant get here, and its my understanding that the reverse camera works through this second screen.

Habanero Hatch: 2010 Mazdaspeed Axela : Your online JDM magazine

the JDM version seems so much cooler, its like the popup screen that comes with a JDM Gen1, we just cant get it here.

thats a really good read too bad we cant get the same here the sound system looks so neat

thats the thing tho, if Mazda said hey u can have proper JDM spec MPS but its gonna cost 6k more heck even 10k if it comes with all the electric mirrors, reverse cameras, proximity sensors etc,perhaps slightly more aggressive tune and has to run on 98+ Ron, i know heaps of ppl who would pay, does the Australian Gen2 Bose System have the sub in the spare wheel well ?

it sure does. the sub in the spare wheel that is.

yeah only diff is the reverse cam and the screen

we ge crap specs in AUS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nasa View Post
    we ge crap specs in AUS
    Do you really think so? The only difference I can see is the large LCD which is used for the reversing camera, if you can't reverse a small hatchback without a camera to guide you, I think you need to hand your license in.

We still get iPod/iPhone connectivity, Bluetooth, GPS, dual zone air con, cruise control, a comprehensive trip computer, boost gauge and a bunch of other gadgets.

In fact it was all these small things which added up to the whole package which made me buy an MPS over a WRX, if you want to see crap specs sit in a '10 WRX. Even my $20,000 '06 Honda Civic makes the WRX looks like a Hyundai Excel inside, Subaru really need to pick up their game, it's not 1995 any more.

(oops, off topic, sorry)

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rfzd View Post
    it sure does. the sub in the spare wheel that is.
    That article says the Boss sub replaces the spare wheel, in that, if you have the sub you have no spare...I'm pretty sure when the salesman showed me in the demo I drove the sub sat inside the existing wheel, maybe we get a different version due to local laws about requiring a spare wheel?

Im looking into doing a custom install for reverse camera aswell, *not cus im a bad driver* i just rather have the peace of mind i wont run over 1 of my dogs or a little kid. but honestly to just prevent my car from preventable scratches.
    but from what i've gathered there is no video in plug nor would there be a wire feed for video in, but thats not to say somone cant modify it to switch on te camera when in reverse :P
    best option so far is one of those rear view mirror with half screens.

will let you know if i discover something.
    BOOST JUST KICKT IN

I would say it can be done with fiddling. I'd like to take a peek at the schematics myself. unless they are doing what toyota do with their video (IE digital) then I believe its doable.

the nissan GTR (local) is a clsoed system. didnt stop me from shoving two cameras and a external navi into it though.

Keen to see if anyone has been able to do this yet?

When I was at the Mazda Museum in Hiroshima last April I spotted the factory reverse camera. I think they have realeased it as a Navi pack. Link below.

【MAZDA】アクセラ Navi Edition (特別仕様車)|カーラインナップ

While cruising the interweb, spotted these. Looks tidy, but not subtle.

Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2