User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MRT - Ecutek for MPS! - October 09 Magazine

Exclamation MRT - Ecutek for MPS released!! - October 09 Magazine

Hi guys, i get the MRT magazine sent via email.

Reading it i found this!

Mazda MPS

We have made big improvements on the access with EcuteK on the"old" MPS and had some excelent results with the ex-Mazda Australia race car. If you own a MPS 3 or MPS 6, please contact us as we are ready to work on your car. Check out the race car and new car pics here.

The good news is we have been told by the UK head office that the new model is very similar, all we need now are some cars for the 2009 model as well!!!

Any thoughts?

Cheers

EDIT-

Ok so i just spoke to Rob from MRT. He said that the software is developed in the UK and they have cracked it sooner than they thought. He said they had a customer in the other day with an MPS who had a 'C Xede' :P attached, they removed it and re tuned with 'ECUTEK', it apparently made 1 few kw extra, earlier and on less boost.

He said that they havnt got any hard facts and numbers as far as '15%' gain from X and X with a Tune etc but they will have when they start tuning more cars.

He said they are ready and waiting to ECUTEK MPS's now, 3's and 6's. They appraenty havnt done a whole heap of them but they have tuned anough to get the idea that it competes (if not better) than what else is out there.
    He said its basically just like when I had my WRX ECUTEK tune done, same deal, they have the same access to ECU parameters etc.

My brother just had his MY00 Forester ECUTEK tuned last week. Here are the Stats... (im not paid to start promoting ECUTEK by any means, just giving some facts below )

First run- 91awkw (catback exhaust, K&N filter insert, no tuning)
    Second run- 111awkw (initial remap, no dyno tuning)
    Third run- 115awkw
    Fourth and FINAL run- 120awkw

Total At the wheel KW gained - 29kw
    Percentage of increase from 'stock'- 32% increase
    Last edited by nissanman; 08-10-2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: adding title bits

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

2. Default

that's exciting. wonder if there will be any support here for this in WA

Is this a wired in interceptor (like Xede) or a plug-in solution that doesn't require cutting of wires (Cobb AccessPort).

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin740 View Post
    Is this a wired in interceptor (like Xede) or a plug-in solution that doesn't require cutting of wires (Cobb AccessPort).
    Stock ECU. Stock location. Stock wiring.
    They plug in their 'machine' for the duration of the remap\dyno tuning,
    Then they un plug it and you drive away with your ECU just as you drove in. (bar the mapping of it lol)

I can say this as fact for the ECUTEK tunes as my WRX was done and as stated my brothers GT Forester was only done 1 week ago.

Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

So its a flashtune the same as Chiptorque offer at the moment, until they get the EZYflash going, with a custom dynotune and flash the stock chip with a modified standard tune.

I will stick with Chiptorque as they are only 20mins away, which is nice for issues to be dealt with promptly.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin740 View Post
    So its a flashtune the same as Chiptorque offer at the moment, until they get the EZYflash going, with a custom dynotune and flash the stock chip with a modified standard tune.

I will stick with Chiptorque as they are only 20mins away, which is nice for issues to be dealt with promptly.
    For sure, 20mins away is great

Quote Originally Posted by nissanman View Post
    Hi guys, i get the MRT magazine sent via email.

Reading it i found this!

Mazda MPS

We have made big improvements on the access with EcuteK on the"old" MPS and had some excelent results with the ex-Mazda Australia race car. If you own a MPS 3 or MPS 6, please contact us as we are ready to work on your car. Check out the race car and new car pics here.

The good news is we have been told by the UK head office that the new model is very similar, all we need now are some cars for the 2009 model as well!!!

Any thoughts?

Cheers

EDIT-

Ok so i just spoke to Rob from MRT. He said that the software is developed in the UK and they have cracked it sooner than they thought. He said they had a customer in the other day with an MPS who had a 'C Xede' :P attached, they removed it and re tuned with 'ECUTEK', it apparently made 1 few kw extra, earlier and on less boost.

He said that they havnt got any hard facts and numbers as far as '15%' gain from X and X with a Tune etc but they will have when they start tuning more cars.

He said they are ready and waiting to ECUTEK MPS's now, 3's and 6's. They appraenty havnt done a whole heap of them but they have tuned anough to get the idea that it competes (if not better) than what else is out there.
    He said its basically just like when I had my WRX ECUTEK tune done, same deal, they have the same access to ECU parameters etc.

My brother just had his MY00 Forester ECUTEK tuned last week. Here are the Stats... (im not paid to start promoting ECUTEK by any means, just giving some facts below )

First run- 91awkw (catback exhaust, K&N filter insert, no tuning)
    Second run- 111awkw (initial remap, no dyno tuning)
    Third run- 115awkw
    Fourth and FINAL run- 120awkw

Total At the wheel KW gained - 29kw
    Percentage of increase from 'stock'- 32% increase
    I got it in my email as well, very exciting news!!!!!

The more options the better
    Last edited by Nirvandan; 08-10-2009 at 04:06 PM.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Yea for sure.
    Didn't even realize there was an MRT 6 MPS!!

about time!! Only taken them 3 years

Lets hope no-ones motor goes "BOOM" with this one.

11. Default

i'll consider it, only if unigroup or silverwater automotive services do ecutek or the chiptorque flash in sydney

because chiptorque hq is too much of a drive, and i wouldnt get it done anywhere else besides those three places

when i had my 20k service done at MRT they were promoting the ecutek tune for half price to all mps owners to get the ball rolling and attract more interest...i think i'll wait a while since its all fairly new to them and there still might be a few bugs they would run into id imagine. awesome news though since now we dont have to add a whole bunch of other things to our ecu's

Im getting a ECUTEK tune for my MPS here in NZ

the guys who have the Tuning house here are EK UK

they were responsible for building the FQ400 Variants of the Evo 8,9 and X

Quote Originally Posted by Ante View Post
    Im getting a ECUTEK tune for my MPS here in NZ

the guys who have the Tuning house here are EK UK

they were responsible for building the FQ400 Variants of the Evo 8,9 and X
    Defiantly let us know how it goes!

I'm going to pop into S and J automotive (ECUTEK tuners and distributors for SA) and ask whether they plan on getting the gear to ECUTEK the MPS.

Ill let you guys know, might help the SA people as we don't have many flash tuners around (ie. Chiptorque, ECUTEK)

Quote Originally Posted by nissanman View Post
    I'm going to pop into S and J automotive (ECUTEK tuners and distributors for SA) and ask whether they plan on getting the gear to ECUTEK the MPS.

Ill let you guys know, might help the SA people as we don't have many flash tuners around (ie. Chiptorque, ECUTEK)
    Howdy Nissanman, let me know what the boys are up to at S&J as far as the MPS3 is concerned. I would consider letting them have a crack at my current model if they're interested. I've only heard good things about ECUTEK and MRT. They've been held in high regard with the Subi community for a long time now.

I used to go to the same place many moons ago. Before S&J took over the site it used to be Darlington Autotune. Dave and Jim dyno'd many of my cars over the years......in the days when cars had those funny doohickey carburettor thingamewhatsits! Cheers, Mike

"light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear brighter....until they speak"

Quote Originally Posted by ManicMPS View Post
    Howdy Nissanman, let me know what the boys are up to at S&J as far as the MPS3 is concerned. I would consider letting them have a crack at my current model if they're interested. I've only heard good things about ECUTEK and MRT. They've been held in high regard with the Subi community for a long time now.

I used to go to the same place many moons ago. Before S&J took over the site it used to be Darlington Autotune. Dave and Jim dyno'd many of my cars over the years......in the days when cars had those funny doohickey carburettor thingamewhatsits! Cheers, Mike
    I went to S and J today, Spoke with Sean.
    He said they currently have ALL of the ECUTEK range bar the MPS stuff. He said he looked at it but that was when it was not completed yet.

He said if i can get a few guys together (3-5 or so) to get the ECUTEK done on S1 MPS's (05-07 MPS3 and 6) he would consider buying the software quick smart.

I took him out and showed him my MPS 6. He liked it, i asked if he wanted to take it for a spin... He accepted

Honestly, he said he was very impressed with the torque! Power came on with light throttle, he made a comment about the throttle\accelerator being a tad funny compared to other electronic ones. Bar that he said the car has a very strong beefy feel from the engine and would be Very interested to get them on the ECUTEK.

I left him my number, he said he will do some research, make sure MRT has got ALL of the gear sorted out and let me know.

Cheers

17. Default

hello guys and greetings from Greece!!

2 months ago arrived also in Greece!!!!

before 3 weeks i made my choise...and that was ECUTEK!!!

a dynograph here BEFORE Ecutek!!

and AFTER Ecutek!!

at last,after years of searching(lol lol)i took a decision!!hope i am right!!

until now i am very pleased!!
    anyone else here having ECUTEK reflash??
    www . mazdaspeedclub .gr

Those dyno's look promising... ~22% torque increase Widened the power band to boot.

Any word on pricing from MRT?? Or do I have to, you know, talk to another human being??

19. Default

same thougts my friend!!the feelings above 5.800 rpm now are exciting!!!now our direct ignition has all its positive specs!!until 6.500 rpm i see 1.2 bar!!!after these rpms decreases to 1.0 bar!

Nice results mate! Fantastic to see!

Good work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast