User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MRT - Ecutek for MPS! - October 09 Magazine

so how much do these ecutek tunes cost?

Last time i was at mrt ithink they told me around the $1500-$2000 if im not mistaken

I've just been in contact with an MRT agent on the Central Coast. He has confirmed that the MRT distributor in Sydney is ready to go with the 6MPS and they have done several cars already.

Unfortunatly the price is ~$2,000 which includes a dyno run. The reason for the high cost is that they have to pruchase a "code breaking" module from the UK at great expense to enable access to the factory ECU. They then use proprietory software to re-set the cars opperating parameters. They dont over-ride the in-built safety cut-outs in the ECU and programme within these limits. Therefore if there is a problem, the ECU will deal with it as if it was running on its regular programming and throw a CEL, cut the engine etc. This is why they offer a guarantee. Now this guarantee is a bit rubbery in what it coveres as it can be impossible to determine the cause of some problems however they do want satisfied customers saying nice things about their product on forums so will likely be helpful rather than not if there is a problem.

My local dealer wasnt 100% sure but said that for subies etc the software was able to lock-out changes by the dealer during regular servicing. In fact Mazda wouldnt even be able to see that any re-mapping had been done (but I be they could if they looked hard enough).

At the moment I'm having an SRI and in a few months a new dump pipe fitted. Then when the bank balance has recovered I'll have an EcuTek-MRT retune.
    Last edited by Scienceman; 11-02-2010 at 03:50 PM.

Long time lurker (well, not really), 1st time poster. I have a stock 05' 6 MPS. Car is just about about of warranty, so I thought I might as well get a bit more power. To this end, I am going to take my car to MRT in Sydney to get the ECUTEK flash at the end of March. Price is $1990.
    Guess I will report back after it's all done.

Quote Originally Posted by Starionx View Post
    Long time lurker (well, not really), 1st time poster. I have a stock 05' 6 MPS. Car is just about about of warranty, so I thought I might as well get a bit more power. To this end, I am going to take my car to MRT in Sydney to get the ECUTEK flash at the end of March. Price is $1990.
    Guess I will report back after it's all done.
    Will be good to hear back afterward.

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

Quote Originally Posted by Starionx View Post
    ... I have a stock 05' 6 MPS. Car is just about about of warranty, so I thought I might as well get a bit more power. To this end, I am going to take my car to MRT in Sydney to get the ECUTEK flash at the end of March. Price is $1990...
    Took the car in to MRT yesterday, got the car back today... no ecu flash.
    Apparently, when they connected their ECUTEK equipment to the ecu, they didn't like each other (probably because it was an early 6 MPS), so their was no communication. They have to send the file to the UK for them to adjust, and send back. MRT will get it in about a week or so.
    Not happy.

It wasn't MRT's fault, and to their credit, they didn't charge me for some other minor work they did (rotate tyres, put in some sort of deoderisor to stop the air-con from smelling like cat's pee) for the inconvenience, and they also gave me an

I wonder if this is an omen, and I shouldn't get it done. I'll have to think about it.

thats gota be a pain. would have liked to seen how the 6 went... good luck in a weeks time

Has anyone got more feed back about the MRT flash? how are your cars running? any problems?

Default Re: MRT - Ecutek for MPS! - October 09 Magazine

I remember hearing met were using piasini's software for the flashing, can anyone confirm or deny? I may be incorrect but remember hearing or reading it.

incorrect.. its an ECUtek licenced product

I spoke to a representative at MRT through e-mail about a month or 2 ago and he said theres currently no ECUtek available for the Gen 2. Unless there has been an update since then? I told them i would be interested if they had something available for the Gen 2 since MRT apparently offers their products without throwing away ur factory warranty.

12. Default

hello and greetings from the sunny Greece once again folks!!!

until now my mazda 6 mps is remarkable!!!ABSOLUTELY no problem,lower consumption when cruising and a lot better car as power concerns!

in Greece the ecu reflasch costs 700 euros!!

in my opinion...go for it fearless!

and imagine that...those numbers are with just 1.42 bar overboost!!i noticed also that whatever you do the reflash not allowes boost to rise!whatever i do it dont raise more boost!
    Last edited by Nasos Mazdaspeed 6; 05-05-2010 at 01:18 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12