User Tag List

Thread: Gen1 headlight dash error/replaced many globes with LEDs

Default Gen1 headlight dash error/replaced many globes with LEDs

Hi,

I've a Gen 1 MPS and have replaced all the internal globes with LEDs, and now replacing external globes too, starting with the parker + number plate lights. I've used eBay specials (but specified as Mazda 3 compatible) which do not have load resistors - I thought it wasn't an issue with Mazdas, moreso European cars.

With the parker + number plate LEDs installed, the dashboard always displays the green "headlight" icon (including when ignition off), which suggests a missing globe/error. My 7" touch panel screen no longer dims when the lights are turned on - it goes full brightness for a second then goes back to a dim mode.

Disconnected the battery for a few hours, no luck. Do I need LEDs with load resistors externally/CAN BUS compatible? Tomorrow I'll switch back to the original globes to see if that fixes the error. Should I also check the fuse box under the glovebox?

Thanks

JB
    Last edited by Byrd; 02-09-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Hi,

spent some time on the weekend trying some new things. I reflashed the ECU back to stock, then to the "tuned" setting using a Hypertech device - now the dash is completely black when off with no "faulty globe" icon. After turning off the lights though, it goes back to the original error on the dash.

I can only assume the LEDs I have installed have dropped the voltage/amps so low it makes the MPS think there is a faulty globe somewhere. I'm going to try 2 x CANBUS compatible LED parker globes next, and my reset as above and see how it fares.

Googling around there really isn't much on CANBUS LED light errors on Mazda 3s - if at all - so does anyone know if the lighting system is sensitive to non-CANBUS lighting?

Thanks

JB

Hey mate,

Check out posts #17 and #27 in my thread --> http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...07-08-mps.html <--
    I've replaced all the lights in my car with LED's and don't have any of the problems you speak of.
    I've linked all the globes i've used in the posts too if you're interested.

Hope this helps,
    Cheers.
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC