User Tag List

Thread: iPhone obd2 apps

Default iPhone obd2 apps

Anyone use those iPhone or Android apps that plug into your obd2 port and monitor your parameters?? Wondering what the most commonly used, if any, apps are called.
    Did a google search and there is heaps available but I can't really see many differences between them. Seems like REV is the one to get. Thanks.

Before the AP, i used Torque for Android.
    Was a good app an you could log some things too.
    I also purchased the 2010 MS3 Pids for the app, which gives you all the usual parameters such as KR and fuel pressure etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MPSed View Post
    Before the AP, i used Torque for Android.
    Was a good app an you could log some things too.
    I also purchased the 2010 MS3 Pids for the app, which gives you all the usual parameters such as KR and fuel pressure etc.
    I have ecuteck can't use AP to log was thinking Torque, What dongle did you use to plug into the ECU and how were the logs (much delay). Us Ecuteck end users should at least be given the software to log (which it can do) since we pay shit loads for the licence.
    Last edited by shaneski; 03-07-2013 at 07:17 PM.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    I have ecuteck can't use AP to log was thinking Torque, What dongle did you use to plug into the ECU and how were the logs (much delay). Us Ecuteck end users should at least be given the software to log (which it can do) since we pay shit loads for the licence.
    I just bought a $15 dongle off eBay. There is a 1 sec delay or thereabouts I find. Going to try another app apparently Dash Command does AFR which was the main reason I wanted it. REV which I bought doesn't seem to do AFR (or i cant find the setting) and dash command supposedly little to no lag.
    Now to learn wtf AFR actually means and how to understand!

I think the iPhone has issues with bluetooth dongles and OBD2... not 100% sure - dont use an iPhone.

Off topic: AFR is Air Fuel Ratio, the higher the ratio the more fuel to air your engine is using... higher values aren't really a good thing. I have been having some issues with my 6 running rich, which is why I ended up getting Torque to help troubleshoot. Hopping that turns out to be a dirty MAF.

I'm running Torque for Android with the Mazdaspeed PID plug in and a bluetooth dongle and it's pretty awesome value for money. $18 for the dongle, $5 for Torque and $10 for the Mazdaspeed PID (don't ask why it's $10 it's a rip for the 8 extra PIDs you get), very good value for money really. There is a fairly large online community who use the program.

It's a bit of a annoying thing to have up on your phone and check while driving, but the logging features work really well. It lets you pick which PIDs you want to log so you're not really having to sift through a heap of data to get what you want. Ultimate set-up would be running a tablet with all your gauges set-up!

Make sure u unplug dongles overnight they stay on if connected lol = flat battery

Torque for Android is your best bet.

Don't bother with iPhone at this stage for ODBII diagnostics - you basically need to jailbreak the phone, install a new bluetooth stack (which costs $$), and REV isn't that great an app anyhow, it hasn't been updated for years.

I'd look into a cheap Android tablet/phone for < $100 and install Torque, which is easy the best app of the lot for OBDII diagnostics.

JB

i have a galaxy 3, mainly wanted to do the odd check of AFR and knock, the ultragauge is great value but cant log and doesn't do knock