User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ultragauge 'ed'

Default ultragauge 'em'

hey all,
    after no love searching for a dashhwak for a while i decided to bite the bullet and but the new version of the ultragauge titles the 'em' basicly the same deal now with boost (in psi) and readouts in aus units ie: kw, Celsius & kph.
    The unit, windscreen mount and velcro pads cost $97aud to my door then theres a $9usd mail rebate ( cbf! )
    shipping took near on 3 weeks from the states

so the it arrived today and after a quick play it feels very light yet well made, screen is birght and easy to read and the buttons on the back dont feel like they will fall off in 2 weeks, however the clip that holds the unit onto the windscreen mount will probably break quite quickly if constantly removed and put back.

after doing a initial setup which took about 2 min it found 60 possible gauges for the gen 1, you can dislpay either 4, 6 or 8 on gauges on a single page with upto 4 pages to be set on a slideshow type progression with intervals chosen by you

heres a 10 sec video i took today
    IMG_0761 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

so the gauges in the video are

boost (psi) l RPM
    KPH l brake killawatts
    KMs to empty l intake temp in c*
    throttle pos l another kw readout ( can remember what for )

so far the only downside i can find its it doesnt quite read in 'realtime' you can change the update to a max of 0.3 sec and it isnt slow but not quite as quick as some of you would like

IMG_0763 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    IMG_0762 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

im thinking of making a mount for it to flush fit next to the cigg lighter in the gen 1 as it will fit perfectly

anyway for less than a $100 landed and with the daskhawk becoming increasingly harder to find im fairly happy
    will report any issues as i find em, if i find em

raffa
    Last edited by raffa; 10-10-2011 at 04:45 PM.
    "la fortuna favorisce il coraggioso"
    CP-E TMIC, K&N typhoon SRI , COBB 2way adjustable shifter, TWM bushings, Sure AGS 212g knob, JBR 70a trilogy mounts, JBR boost tubes, Medieval 2.5" TIP, 2XS racepipe, 2XS interior light upgrade, Hypertech , RDA slotted front rotors, DGR coilovers, hotchkis RSB, Ultragauge EM, Work CE28N'S in blaze blue, D1 blue lugs

Hey mate, can you please post a link to the sale item?
    Also, what's the installation like, and where are you plugging it into? The ECU's service port?

Pretty good value!

I have a dashdaq and cant manage to get boost to display in psi which is very frustrating

yeah it plugs into any car with the obdII port and the link is
    UltraGauge Automotive Information Center and OBDII Scan Tool
    just make sure you choose the 'ed' model

Thanks mate! I think you mean 'EM' model?

Is the OBDII Port in the engine bay? How are you feeding the plug through the fire-wall?

lol yeah EM ooops and it plugs into the port under the dsc button panel

*first post & title edited*

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrelli View Post
    Pretty good value!

I have a dashdaq and cant manage to get boost to display in psi which is very frustrating
    Have you connected the Dashhawk to your PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Have you connected the Dashhawk to your PC?
    Yeah viewed log using the logworks program. Is there something i'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    Thanks mate! I think you mean 'EM' model?

Is the OBDII Port in the engine bay? How are you feeding the plug through the fire-wall?
    On the 6 the OBDII port is above the brake pedal and below the steering column. Have a fish around there and you will find it.

Good little unit at a great price!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrelli View Post
    Yeah viewed log using the logworks program. Is there something i'm missing?
    Have you installed the Dashhawk software? There must be somewhere to adjust in there...

I brought mine second hand and was already done, maybe start a new thread about it sure you'll find an answer
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

^^^ He is using the DashDaq. not a Dashhawk.

:O, my bad i thought it was a Typo lol never new something like this existed omg the embarrassment lol

I've been calling her crandell! - YouTube

Does it report knock, fuel pressure, IAT and BAT? they would be the main things I would like to monitor

i want to quickly ask, like i'm new at forums but i was wondering how did u get it shipped to aus?

I just ordered it and they sent it I payed via credit card and there's a full list of available gauges on the website

Sent from my iPhone using my iFingers

Noticed today that either my speedo or the gauge is out by 3-5 kph

Sent from my iPhone using my iFingers

It will be your speedo.

Got a mobile phone with a GPS in it? (iPhone, HTC etc). Download a GPS app and benchmark against that.

Just ordered mine, will see how long it takes to get here :P

Wow all you need to do is plug it into the OBDII port and it will show all that???

Looks like a great Dashhawk replacement, I doubt it will show some of the more detailed data, as a lot of code in the Dashhawk was built and tested specifically for the MS3 (gen 1) community, before MSDs heads exploded and they sacked their entire R&D team. In the case of the Dashdaq I believe there are add-on license packs that can be purchased to suit specific car models which will show some of the more detailed data, this may be a future option for this device, I do like the screen area and layout of this a lot better than the Dashhawk.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast