User Tag List

Thread: Sat Nav Map Update - Gen II

Default Sat Nav Map Update - Gen II

Hey,
    Just wondering whether anyone has recently had a map update for their Sat Nav. I was told by my local dealer that i can purchase a new SD card from whereis directly and found on their site a V16 update for $295.00. Would this be more current then the one installed originally in 2009?

$295.00
    My 2009 3GenII MPS has V15.
    Especially with another version due out towards the end of the year

Mazda 3 V16
    Whereis® | Buy Sat Nav Map Updates | Mazda - Sensis

Mazda 6 V17
    Whereis® | Buy Sat Nav Map Updates | Mazda - Sensis

Edit:
    Please read the disclaimers

• Version 17 satellite navigation map updates now available for RX-8, Mazda 6 and CX-9.

• Version17 for Mazda 3 and CX-7 (SD Cards) is due for release in mid to late 2011. Please check the site regularly for updates.

Note: Version 17 does not include the following Brisbane roads as they were completed and opened ahead of schedule: Clem Jones Tunnel (Bowen Hills), Hale Street Bridge Project - Go between Bridge and Ipswich Motorway upgrade - Wacol to Darra 1 & 2.
    Last edited by slixx; 20-09-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Simon (brachaus...something like that ) had his updated by Mazda for $80.

wow...cheap as Brad! Wondering if that was part of a major service or if they offer this seperately....seems pretty cheap! I noticed they had the V17 due out soon Slixx and asked the guy at whereis when and he wasn't able to give me any idea..

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    wow...cheap as Brad! Wondering if that was part of a major service or if they offer this seperately....seems pretty cheap! I noticed they had the V17 due out soon Slixx and asked the guy at whereis when and he wasn't able to give me any idea..
    You being in Brisbane I would wait for the V17 as some of the Brisbane roads weren't updated as noted

I just bought a Pioneer AVIC-F30BT, so I wont be needing any update from Mazda

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Simon (brachaus...something like that ) had his updated by Mazda for $80.
    If it was $80 then I wouldn't have any problem updating considering you can get updates for TomTom for $50 for 18months of updates (6 in total)

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

I wad surprised at the price. But I haven't bothered as I have Garman Nuvi 1490 that has a wireless adapter, called an Ecoroute that plugs into the OBDII port. It reads/clears CELs, gives me various gauges etc. Plus has superior POI, speed camera sites, etc etc.

Rather spend the $80 on updating that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    I wad surprised at the price. But I haven't bothered as I have Garman Nuvi 1490 that has a wireless adapter, called an Ecoroute that plugs into the OBDII port. It reads/clears CELs, gives me various gauges etc. Plus has superior POI, speed camera sites, etc etc.

Rather spend the $80 on updating that!!
    ecoRoute... just read up on it
    That's awesome... do you have select what car you have or update it in some way?

Currently RaydTuned

Looks like this...

Ecoroute adapter lives here...

You can have 5 gauges on the screen at any one time. Plus you can choose from 10 readings....

If you can get a video output from this unit and you install a double din to your car you will be able to have this to the main unit. I will work on this. Must do!!!

It works on any car. You don't need a specific setup for the MPS. It's not as in-depth as a dash hawk, but for stuff like boost, water temp etc etc, it's pretty cool to have there.

My next plan (it's been an old one) is to move to an IPad app, Dash Command. Just need a Kiwi PLX and it's a goer.

That looks really good Brad. How much did you spend on it?

My Queensland trip highlighted how out of date my Sat Nav is, the Pacific Highway was all over the shop and brisbane out to Ipswich had no idea where it was going.

$295 is a freaking rip off tho.

Quick Google got me this 1490T (fck they've come down in price)...

Click this link:
    GARMIN NUVI 1490 Car GPS Portable NAVIGATON Full BUNDLE with BLUETOOTH WIRELESS TECH. LATEST MAPS 2012 + Garmin Carrying Case + Garmin Screen Protector + 1 Year Full Warranty !!! SPECIAL PRICE LIMITED TIME ONLY!!!

Ecoroute HD $199 (got mine for $170 from Wow Sight and Sound).

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=38354

Garmin ecoRoute HD

You'll have to do your research, but a few Garmin devices are compatible with the Ecoroute HD. I bought the Nuvi 1490T as it's a 5" screen.

If youre in the market for a better GPS device, then getting the Ecoroute HD add's some extra functionality.

I bought it PURELY to view and then reset CEL's. It worked. I was getting the same CEL over and over after my DP was installed (P2096). It even tells you what the code means.

BUT, for $450, there are probably better devices out there for car diagnostics if that's all you want it for.

Like I said, Dash Command is made for iPad, it was $60 (for an app ), but I need the KiwiPLX (OBDII to WIFI adapter) to hook it all up.

It theorectically has alot more diagnostic features, inlcuding fuel pressure, which is what I was hoping to capture.

Hope that helped.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2