User Tag List

Thread: amazon.com help ?

Default amazon.com help ?

i was wondering if everyone if anyone know how to order items off amazon in the US if they dont offer international shipping ? i dont want to use 'parcel-it on' or anyother forwarding service as im tryin to keep costs down ? maybe one of our friends stateside could help me ? or if anyone has any other ideas ?
    for those wondering i found a hpertech for $333 usd( $315 aud at todays rate) + free shipping in US

JAY

U might want to consider these guys then
    Hypertech Max Energy Sport, Max Energy Sport Programmer
    add it to your cart and then type the discount code "732738"
    that will give you a total of $321.95

I don't think you can get around the forwarding service part with amazon if they refuse to ship. Plus the shipping costs with a forwarding company would be the same as ordering and ship to someone in the US and then getting them to ship across to you. I may be wrong on this but this is what i've experienced in the past.

On that note, I'm looking to buy the hypertech max energy sport as well so we could split the shipping? total for 2 is $668.90 without shipping (as the code i mentioned above just gives a $25 overall discount). I've just contacted them about how much to ship this to AU.

Let me know
    Last edited by mech81; 25-05-2011 at 11:53 AM.

Www.shipito.com I've used them for my Corksport parts. Easy as!

They work with Amazon too, it's called Assisted Purchase.

http://www.shipito.com/shopping-assistance

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post

On that note, I'm looking to buy the hypertech max energy sport as well so we could split the shipping? total for 2 is $668.90 without shipping (as the code i mentioned above just gives a $25 overall discount). I've just contacted them about how much to ship this to AU.

Let me know
    Yeah if you can wait until tax time I'd be happy to...

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

just had a look on shipito.com and parceliton.com and they both charge commision & processing charges totalling nearly 15% and then min $55 to post totals out at $831usd, its almost cheaper and im guessing quicker to just buy from a shop ? unless anyone knows someone over there to act as a middle man ( or one of our members) ?
    "la fortuna favorisce il coraggioso"
    CP-E TMIC, K&N typhoon SRI , COBB 2way adjustable shifter, TWM bushings, Sure AGS 212g knob, JBR 70a trilogy mounts, JBR boost tubes, Medieval 2.5" TIP, 2XS racepipe, 2XS interior light upgrade, Hypertech , RDA slotted front rotors, DGR coilovers, hotchkis RSB, Ultragauge EM, Work CE28N'S in blaze blue, D1 blue lugs

Your only other choice is to get someone who lives in the US to receive it and then post it to you. Even then it will cost you around $40+ (unless u are thinking of not insuring your package which will be another story)

Yeah I can live with postage , I'll have to pay postage no matter where I get it from ( even from aus) however I don't wanna pay a 4.9 % surcharge and a 12% handling fee ect... But looks like there's no way round it ?

If thats the case, yea I guess - either the shop-related postage (which makes logistics the easiest) or the residential US middle man
    the forward companies charge u a bit though the one that Jmac uses Shop online in the U.S from where you live | comGateway prices looked more pleasing to the eye but still is a lot more - more worthwhile if u are getting multiple packages through US free shipping, consolidating and then ship across to AU

Anyway, I'll let u know the shipping quote on the truckaddon site. I might decide to go ahead within the next few weeks with the buy first as I'm pretty keen get started on it. But will let u know before i confirm the order.

Try ComGateway for forwarding - free registration and fast shipping via DHL. A HT will cost about $30-35 to ship to Oz through them. Have used many times, good service.

www.comgateway.com

----

I see someone has suggested it already

oops it wasnt Jmac's recommendation I saw, its TD's. *admitting sheepishly*

10. Default

Maybe we can ask our forum sponsor, Advance Speed Shop, to do us a deal if we can get 5+? I had a quote of $414 including delivery to Sydney from Jeff. I'd be happy to go in if he can do sub $400

Sounds like a plan LB. if he can do it sub 400 with shipping I would be more than happy to join a GB. there was one end of last year. Hope there are few more guys on here that missed out and now want one.

12. Default

Done. I've sent him a PM. Will let you know what he says.

If you're reading this Jeff, c'mon, we want to support you!

LB, you probably know this already.

we just have to watch out how much duty tax on consignments if we are all shipping it altogether if its more than $1000.

14. Default

Good point. You just reminded me. On the contrary, I am hoping to have each one personally delivered by A.S.S. for under $400, so individual invoices etc should solve that I hope... we'll see what he can do.