View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Servicing Woes

Well after waiting since before Xmas for parts to arrive for warranty issues found during the 30000km service, the car went in last week. Three days it was in there, and I ran around in a little blue Mazda2... not a bad car actually. Bit slow though...

Picked it up Saturday morning, all the issues seem to be sorted. Except there are now 4 new issues - worst being an exhaust leak in the engine bay that vents poisonous fumes into the passenger cabin. Also careless damage inside the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Learing to Launch @ 7000rpm

Well I took it out the other day to get down "The Launch" that I have heard about so many times from fellow enthusis and watching too much Utube. . @ 7000rpm.

Well that was the first time I've spun all 4 And man does this thing dance.. . gets the little chirp chirp dance then BANG! Traction! 0-100kph in 6.3 seconds . . . i dont have the mods yet! and i can prob change faster but it was fun ...

Updated 19-01-2009 at 07:12 PM by JestaT (dif pic)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 5 days to go... 5 days to go....

Waiting end of license restrictions. Going on hols as soon as can, which is going to start in Noosa. Haven't considered where I'll go from there. Might find a cabin to stay at along the coast somewhere for a week and then travel south...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Update

Well, haven't posted much here! Been very busy over the hols.

The good news first:

The hesitation and stuttering during off-boost loaded but moderate acceleration has gone away over the holidays. Whether it was because I did a few hours towing 600kg of trailer and it's changed fuel trims I don't know. The car feels good at the moment, I'm enjoying it.

The bad news:

It still occasionally misfires. It's rare, but if it's going to it does ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Jesta's Ride

Hey guys I thought I would contribute here. . .

Some pic's of when I found my new wheels. I was in the car yard one day having a look at the Mazda 3's thinking it would be a smart Idea to trade the VT S-pac I'd been driving for the last 9 years to something smaller. . . . then i spotted the MPS 6 !!!

I had to go back inside and ask teh dealer who owned the 6 sitting in the drive way, thinking that it was a normal 6 that belong to one of the boys in the shop. He told ...

Updated 18-01-2009 at 08:02 PM by JestaT (Mod Update)

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast