User Tag List

Thread: RX8 wheels

Default RX8 wheels

Hey everyone,
    looking for mazda rx8 wheels, the ones on the series 1.
    Pm me pleease!
    Don't necessarily need tyres.

Thanks!
    Anthony

WHEELS FOUND AND BOUGHT. Please close. Thanks.
    Last edited by 6mps; 25-08-2010 at 01:22 PM.

2. Default

u selling ur stock 6mps wheels?

Going for a new look there mate?! Should look good with the rims on! Have you painted the Callipers? If not are you considering it or just going to leave them? Good luck finding rims

Hey guys, nah not selling my stock rims. Buying them for my girlfriends sp23!

I'd actually like to go bigger if i were to buy rims, and the only bigger nice rims i can think of are the cx9's, but i can imagine them weighing the car down.
    Are you going to buy any other rims rogwick?

Quote Originally Posted by 6mps View Post
    Hey guys, nah not selling my stock rims. Buying them for my girlfriends sp23!

I'd actually like to go bigger if i were to buy rims, and the only bigger nice rims i can think of are the cx9's, but i can imagine them weighing the car down.
    did you call me on friday about the rx8 rims(the guy that did said he was after a set for his GF sp23)? im kris you may have seen my old FS ad on ozmazda..

either way good luck with search..
    Last edited by kovmps6; 16-08-2010 at 07:18 PM.
    2005 Mazda MPS6 Radiant Ebony Luxury-Pack

Nope, I think I will stick with the stocks painted black. Too expensive to buy rims and I think it looks pretty good the way it is. I get head turns and viewings the way it is now. To the common person, they probably look like after market rims from a distance anyway! CX-9 rims would be a lot of excess weight. If I were to buy rims I would go lighter, not heavier!

Spray yours!! haha!

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Hey Kris, yeah that was me.

Hey Rogwick, i don't know how you do it but when i put stickers on stuff to spray over, i end up with jaggered edges.

Hey Rogwick, i don't know how you do it but when i put stickers on stuff to spray over, i end up with jaggered edges.
    Are you referring to my rims or my intake? The rims are just painted black with a red 'MPS' sticker over, no spray.
    My intake and working project (new grille) are painted graphics. If all works out on the grille I'll post how I did it if you like?!

M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

9. Default

I may have some, but not for a few months - let me know if you're still interested then - if not, pm Vanq - he has a set I think that may be still up for sale.

Hey Lardman, I will be interested then if i don't get my hands on some yet. I did send a pm to vanq....i think he's busy as i haven't received a response in regards to shipping.

Hey Rogwick...yeah show me when you're done. Everytime i use tape and paint over it...the paint seems to seep under the tape and i never get clear cut lines. I'd like to see how you do it.

Hey Rogwick...yeah show me when you're done. Everytime i use tape and paint over it...the paint seems to seep under the tape and i never get clear cut lines. I'd like to see how you do it.
    I plan to do more work on my grille when I get home. I'm hoping to put a post on my RR thread of a 'how-to' and also just generally how it looks. Although I had an issue with paint, so I'm hoping it works out. I'll definitely chase you up when I've finished and also make you aware of any post I put up.

Depends what your painting, what surface and what type of paint your using really. I use general purpose spray paint. See image below for the sticker product I used for my intake! (You'll laugh!) I grabbed a spare from work and printed "MPS" on it. Pre-paint an area. Cut out and stuck the "MPS" logo on top of the painted area. Rub it so it sticks well. Paint over it. I find lots of light coats work best, you don't want to soak the sticker or have runs. Wait till it dry's then peel it off. I also use electical tape to mask off which I find tends to work well. With masking tape its maybe a little too paper-like and so may seep under. Electrical tape is plastic so should, theoretically give a straight cut finish. With a dad as an electrician I just buy some off him. I got heaps now!

I'll get back to you with more info hopefully this weekend if I finish the grille and of course I have time.

You thinking of putting a logo on your wheels or something? What's in the works mate?

M P S

12. Default

Only downside is mine do have a good amount of gutter rash from previous owners on them.