Kris Walton moved to the head of the V8 Ute Racing Series (Powered by XFORCE Performance Exhaust) points standings with victory in Round 2 at Barbagallo Raceway.

The Queenslander made it two wins and a second for the weekend by dominating Race 3 from pole position.

The Rentco Ford greeted the flag almost six seconds clear of Nathan Pretty’s Holden, taking a nine point advantage in the series standings over erstwhile leader David Sieders.

“We wanted to win this, it was a special weekend for Rentco so we wanted this round, and I wanted the lead of the championship,” said Walton afterward.

“I want to win the championship and I’m just going to keep trying to keep these results coming for the rest of the year.”

Second place was enough to give Pretty third for the weekend behind Walton and Ryal Harris.

“From the start of the weekend we thought we were going to have a car we were going to battle with and in the end it turned out to be a great race car,” said Pretty.

“It all comes down to tyre life, the guys worked really hard, changed the setup every race, and it proved worthwhile in the end.”

Harris was third in the final and now holds down the same position in the standings, 37 points adrift of Walton.

Just four points separates Harris, Andrew Fisher, Pretty, Craig Dontas and Jesse Dixon.

Dixon completed a strong weekend with fourth in Race 3 ahead of Kim Jane and Andrew Fisher.

Kris Walton now leads the series, Sieders drops back to 2nd, while Ryal Harris has moved into 3rd, and Andrew Fisher 4th.

The V8 Utes will be back on track at the Sky City Triple Crown in Darwin for Round 3 of the Series but to recap on all of the action from this weekend tune into Network Seven on Saturday, 24th May at 11am AEST (check local guides).

Drivers Championship Points

1 Kris Walton 245

2 David Sieders 236

3 Ryal Harris 208

4 Andrew Fisher 206

5 Nathan Pretty 204

5 Craig Dontas 204

5 Jesse Dixon 204

Source: www.speedcafe.com

Links: www.xforce.com.au