User Tag List

Thread: Mps 6 seat moving

Default Mps 6 seat moving

Hi, I may bot e the obliging but my drivers seat seems to move around hen going through corners or hitting boost? It doesn't seem like a bracket but not sure... Anyone else had this problem? I think I remember hearing someone havin this problem on here...
    Any solutions??

Thanks

Mine used to click and move when I went around LH corners. Drove me nuts. Mazda tightened the mount bolts on the next service.

Mine does this too, there is a "clunk" and lsight movement as I go around hard LH corners, then another "clunk" and movement as the seat shifts back to it's original spot.

Feels like it is the back end of the seat base, or the bottom of the seat back moving slightly.

Have not investigated yet, though saw a mention on here that someone had discovered the same rpbolem with theirs was caused by worn bushes in the seat base.

Cheers,

Chris.

Another variation on this theme; I had an annoying clunk coming from the drivers seat when cornering. I took the seat out (it weighs 22kg BTW), then the stereo amp that lives under the seat came out. The clunk turned out to be a 20 cent peice that had found its way under the amp. It was sliding on the carpet but was captive inside the amp bracket. Until then I had been convinced the clunk was coming from the seat mechanism.