User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2XS Manifold Install.

yes definately get a dump pipe, it will be the single biggest improvement you could make on any turbo car. having said that, I'm kinda curious to see what the manifold on its own will give in terms of improvement.

also do yourself a favor and do mod the airbox. its the single biggest free mod you could do you won;t regret it

Blog Entries

For the record, it hasn't been on a dyno proper, but using real-time rolling dyno calculations from OBD data - I have a lot of faith in the method; it's certainly consistent - it has logged @ 210Kw / 430Nm up from 180 390Nm. Yes the torque figures seem a touch low but that's how it calculates out ATW with my software.
    With OEM intake and DP: Full spool is @ 2500rpm, but has good torque down to just below 2000.

As I'm approaching 140,000K and am considering radical pre-emptive service a little down the track (engine, gearbox, clutch, quaife diff, suspension) or maybe build an MPS 6 wagon, I probably won't be adding anything further to the 3 for now.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

And the airbox mod seems little bit like a joke to me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    And the airbox mod seems little bit like a joke to me
    Yeah, in hindsight I don't think it'd be worth it. Cheap and nasty ghetto mod. K+N filter will do as much or more, so one's going in next service, and that'll be it. A DP might just make it noisy and smoke with k's such as they are - changing the backpressure there I have little doubt would be an invitation for turbo failure this late in the game. Add it to the major service list.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

have you actually tried it? how is it any different from an sri or cai?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    have you actually tried it? how is it any different from an sri or cai?
    Let me rephrase that, I'm not interested in more gains enough to fit a cai or sri and I'm doubtful additional inlet's on the stock airbox will really be that beneficial so I'm thinking just a K+N filter. I haven't tried it because I don't want to cut mine up. I might give it a go if someone donates an airbox...

Nexus, you can borrow my modded stock airbox if you want to feel the difference. the driveability changes, a lot more responsive. having said that, it was the first mod I did on a stock car, so how pronounced those differences will be with other mods is another question.

with your mods, Im surprised you haven't done something with the intake already, as its the very first bottleneck of the intake system

troys sri and airbox dont cut anything up, def worth a try, i got TIP too and that's a good increase, DP full system HUGE increase.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12