User Tag List

Thread: CPE rear engine mount installed - Vibes not great

Default CPE rear engine mount installed - Vibes not great

I decided to put a rear engine mount in to improve the driveability and gear shift to my 6 MPS.

Impressions are mixed, but on the whole not great:

1) The vibes when the A/C cuts in, which with climate control is alot in QLD. The vibes are too much for me. I'm hopeing that they settle down as the mount loosens up. They had better or I am going to pull it out.

2) Drive is much better. The car hooks up better when a change from cruise to attack mode. This is a great feeling, and the best part of the install.

3) Shift with the gearbox feels worse to me. The gears don't slot in as easily as before. Perhaps it is a mismatch with the 2XS shift plate? Not sure, but it doesn't feel as nice as it was before I put the mount in.

Overall, if the vibes don't get better I will be pulling it out. Probably the worst mod I have done yet. It is very out of character for a 6 MPS to feel this way.
    Red '05 6MPS.

2. Default

is that 60 or 75 duro?...,
    cheers.

Make sure you give it atleast 1000km to settle in... Ive got a 75 duro, once you're moving its ok, if you're taking off from traffic lights with the a/c on, yes vibes... not that I notice them much anymore.

If I went back to stock, I'd miss it...

I could not go back to stock on my MPS3. Ive got the hardest engine mount.

Blog Entries

I would wait till both the mount settle in and you become used to it.

When I put my mount in it was vibe city!! Thought I was going to start losing teeth but now its fine and even the wife doesn't mind it at all.

ive got a 60... vibes are pretty much gone after a couple of months...

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    I would wait till both the mount settle in and you become used to it.

When I put my mount in it was vibe city!! Thought I was going to start losing teeth but now its fine and even the wife doesn't mind it at all.
    sure the wifey didnt enjoy it more with all the vibes?
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I got the 60 installed last week. Vibes are minimal.
    Should have got the 75

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    sure the wifey didnt enjoy it more with all the vibes?
    Either way she approves of the mod
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

I have the CP-E rear engine mount on my 6MPS however i got it second hand so it was already worn in. there is a slight vibration but not much so i assume the mount will easy up over time. I also have the 2XS shifter plate and i quite like the feeling of the gear changes but i never had the shifter plate without the engine mount so i'm not sure on that one.

Blog Entries

I think its just a very different feeling mod.

I remember when I installed my TWM short shifter kit, it was crazy different!! It just takes some getting used to.

I will give it a chance for sure.

The mount is a 75 duro, so perhaps I should have gone the 60.

I might also check with the mechanic that they torqued the bolts correctly as I read another post about over-tightened bolts leading to more vibes.

Another day and it has loosened up a little bit more so hopefully in another 900km (I'm going to give it 1000kms) it will be ok.

Thanks for the support people.

These cars can be fickle. I had an SU mount installed and couldn't hearmyself think for the vibration. After about 4,000km it never got any better. Took it out and it went into Nickows car with minimal vibes. In comparison, my new 70 duro mount has minimal vibes and seems to be getting better the more I drive it.

In fact the other vibration that occurs in 6th seems to be greatly improved with the harder engine mount.

Might have to consult a voodoo practitioner to explain this one.

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    These cars can be fickle. I had an SU mount installed and couldn't hearmyself think for the vibration. After about 4,000km it never got any better. Took it out and it went into Nickows car with minimal vibes. In comparison, my new 70 duro mount has minimal vibes and seems to be getting better the more I drive it.

In fact the other vibration that occurs in 6th seems to be greatly improved with the harder engine mount.

Might have to consult a voodoo practitioner to explain this one.
    Faulty installation

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    Faulty installation

I wish it was that simple.

I had a 75duro, it was pretty harsh at the start, it gets ALOT better. A part of my dash was starting to rattle so I've just fitted the 60. The difference is night and day between the two. I've had my 60 on for 1 day and I can't tell it's there as far as vibes go.