User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TWM Just Annouced 2010+ MPS 3 Full Replacement short shifter!

Blog Entries

Default TWM Just Annouced 2010+ MPS 3 Full Replacement short shifter!

NOW THATS HOT!!!!

I swear by TWM shifters, I have had one in my Maz 3 for a couple of years now and love it!

LINKY

Hey guys, check it out!

We've officially released the full replacement on pre-order to ship out on the 15th of September! It fits all 2010+ MazdaSpeed3's, 2010+ Mazda3 (6speed only), AND the 07-09 MazdaSpeed3!

Check out the links:

MazdaSpeed 3 Short Shifters, Shift Knobs and Shift Boots - TWM Performance

Mazda 3 Short Shifters, Shift Knobs and Shift Boots - TWM Performance

MazdaSpeed 3 Short Shifters, Shift Knobs and Shift Boots - TWM Performance

If you have any questions, feel free to send us a pm or email at sales@twmperformance.com, or just post in this thread!

Thanks
    Patrick
    Team TWM performance

Has anyone on this forum or in Australia tried this new short shifter yet?

I'm interested in the product, price isn't exactly cheap but it seems to be quite good.

Most importantly someone on a US forum mentioned that it made the gear change feel less notchy and more precise.
    Last edited by SP23HO; 08-10-2010 at 06:07 PM.

Blog Entries

I have a shifter setup for my NA 3 and it make it feel VERY precise!!! If their old kits are anything to go by than this will be an amazing kit.

Better make absolutely sure it suits RHD before ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Better make absolutely sure it suits RHD before ordering.
    Isn't the stock shifter in the same position as with a LHD?

Does LHD/RHD made a difference with the shifter? ( i have no idea, just wanting to know)

Hop in a left hand drive car.
    Jump out, walk around car, hope in the other seat, there you go. Right hand drive shifter.
    Last edited by Cton; 08-10-2010 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    Hop in a left hand drive car.
    Jump out, walk around car, hope in the other seat, there you go. Right hand drive shifter.
    Hahaha, actually thats what i thought as well.

However i dun wanna be the first to try this shifter in AUS lol.

It is worth a good $500+ i think.

I don't know how it works in the 3, but in the 6, the shifter is stamped RHD in Australia, but in the US it's stamped LHD. Suffice to say one is not compatible with the other. When I bought my TWM SS they assured me it would fit RHD. Well it didn't, until I performed some major surgery on it.

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    I don't know how it works in the 3, but in the 6, the shifter is stamped RHD in Australia, but in the US it's stamped LHD. Suffice to say one is not compatible with the other. When I bought my TWM SS they assured me it would fit RHD. Well it didn't, until I performed some major surgery on it.
    Wow, that sux.

I just thought it would be the same for all since the gears aren't exactly opposite or anything for LHD or RHD.

Shifter is in a neutral position too. Not like it appears to be leaning towards either Left or Right dependant on the platform.

No Idea, but either way i think it would be good to make sure i guess. Doesn't hurt to ask, but it would if it wasn't right!

So who in a Gen 2 MPS is game enough to try this product first!?

Or has everyone settled for the jbarone/2XS shift plates?

In the gen2 3MPS technical review I quoted from the information provided by Mazda when I wrote that "The shifter is moved closer to the driver and slightly higher." I think it's safe to assume the shifter is not in a neutral position and that there are LHD and RHD versions.

12. Default

The TWM shifter was not suitable for the RHD market initially in the 6 speed Mazda3's.

It would not go into reverse. I am unsure of the reason, it would bump into or catch on something or maybe it could not be pushed down to engage reverse. Some of the members on OzMazdaClub were integral in testing the shifter and getting it ready for the Australian market. Unfortunately their server crashed some time ago and they lost a lot of that information so I can not find it.

Hmm, TWM doesn't seem to be monitoring this thread anymore.

Would be interesting to see if R&D has been performed on both LHD & RHD cars.

Hey guys! Great news!

We are in the process of making a version for the RHD MPS! The prototype will be available very very soon. Before making it available on the market officially, we would like one of you to try it out and confirm fitment, since we don't have access to a RHD car here.

If you are interested, send us an e-mail to sales@twmperformance.com and we will go from there. First come first served!

Thanks a lot for your support, we can't wait to make this part available to all of you!

John
    Team TWM Performance

I have a Gen 1 3, and I bought a 2XS shifter plate. I love it. Just need to make my shifter height smaller now...

So has anyone volunteered to become a guinea pig?

i wouldn't know what to do with it even if i was interested...pity i'm no where near mechanically minded

Quote Originally Posted by SP23HO View Post
    So has anyone volunteered to become a guinea pig?

i wouldn't know what to do with it even if i was interested...pity i'm no where near mechanically minded
    I did. Haha.

Just wait to see what is in store for you guys soon.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Awesome!

let us know how it goes!

It appears the TWM short shifter is now adapted for RHD.

There is even a 10% off and free shipping.

Is anyone with a Gen 2 getting this?

Default TWM RHD Full Replacement

Just ordered mine a few weeks ago and still waiting for it to arrive, hope that it's much smoother between 1-2nd as my stock shifter is a real dog to get into 2nd, will post some feedback when installed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast