User Tag List

Thread: Downpipe questions

1. Default Downpipe questions

looking at getting a dowpipe for my basically stock 3 mps. i want to go catless with a stock cat back for a relativley quiet system. what is the best option? will i get cel's even with o2 sensor spacers?

thanks

Gen2s seem to have alot more CELs thrown than Gen1 MPSs. The Gen 1 can have spacers, but the Gen2 doesn't seem to let it work.

^ spot on..

Gen 2 issues are being addressed as I speak..

There are two Australian downpipes out on the market.. look into them before you look into yanky stuff..

Im running a best mufflers downpipe, and am very happy.. there are quite a few of us now..

The CES is also another good option

Cheers

Doc

Where do you live!!! the guys from Allstar Tuning get there DP from a mob in Brendale" Brisbane" and have had no issues to date for the race car nor their clients....

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    ^ spot on..

Gen 2 issues are being addressed as I speak..

There are two Australian downpipes out on the market.. look into them before you look into yanky stuff..

Im running a best mufflers downpipe, and am very happy.. there are quite a few of us now..

The CES is also another good option

Cheers

Doc

doc how much was the best muffler downpipe?
    is it just the cpe downpipe giving CEL atm?
    CES downpipe is $1300
    CPE is $995 on sale

$1180 for the best mufflers downpipe..

this includes the huge high flow cat

I dont htink it matters what DP you put on a gen 2.. its is throwing CEL's at the moment..

However I know this is going to have a resolution by the weekend..

Stay tuned

Doc

7. Default

thak for the help. so i was thinking of cp-e catless dp or corksport dp + rp with o2 extensions. does anyone have experiance with these? good or bad? will they bolt to stock catback system?
    also i see that turbo xs stuff is pretty cheap but i guess you get what you pay for...

thanks again

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

its a gen 1 by the way

I didn't think it was that dearer from Allstar's sources....Must find out....

get a best mufflers catless if you wish to go catess mate

it would drop the price a bit too

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by desssa View Post
    doc how much was the best muffler downpipe?
    is it just the cpe downpipe giving CEL atm?
    CES downpipe is $1300
    CPE is $995 on sale
    The CP-e Dp on a Gen 2 will not set a CEL, GUARANTEE
    CP-e are also the only one the have a lifetime warranty on the workmenship of their product.

CP-e GUARANTEE to fit first time every time
    Sold by Mazda in the USA
    A warranty that the other manufacturers don't have
    A better price
    Above all CP-e has more experience with the MZR then anyone else in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsss View Post
    its a gen 1 by the way
    Gen 1 is 100% CEL free.
    I believe that Best Mufflers would be more than happy to offer a warranty on workmanship for life. he stands by his product and from my own experience his after sales support is 110%.
    As long as its well designed with a cast bellmouth. The only thing that should ever need warranty is maybe the cat. And we know of at least 1 that has crapped itself with cp-e. Its not the sort of thing people pull back out to check so there could be more.
    Personally id like to support local product.... If we all just keep buying USA made i dont think we're doing ourselves any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    Gen 1 is 100% CEL free.
    I believe that Best Mufflers would be more than happy to offer a warranty on workmanship for life. he stands by his product and from my own experience his after sales support is 110%.
    As long as its well designed with a cast bellmouth. The only thing that should ever need warranty is maybe the cat. And we know of at least 1 that has crapped itself with cp-e. Its not the sort of thing people pull back out to check so there could be more.
    Personally id like to support local product.... If we all just keep buying USA made i dont think we're doing ourselves any favors.
    Oh, you'd know if you're cat failed. Lack of power, rattles etc etc etc.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Cant imagine the labour to pull that back out