User Tag List

Thread: turbo upgrade kit

Default turbo upgrade kit

Anyone know anything about these kits.

GT3071R Turbo Kit for Mazdaspeed6 2.3L complete bolt-on (Now Shipping) : atpturbo.com
    i.e. will they fit australian cars?

anyone know if they are any good ?

will i be able to control boost with standback with one of these turbo kits ?

much appreciated.

Default Re: turbo upgrade kit

Can't comment on fitment here, will let someone on the know reply to that. You would def want a tune though, standback or xede (or flash) will be able to control boost.

also check out the US forums, a few run that turbo and the 3076 version.
    Using the Standback or Cobb AP to tune, however we dont have Cobb AP support here so Xede, Standback, Haltech, Flash will be able to control boost (you may also need an external waste gate)

Standard ECU will be able to control the boost. You just won't be able to change it. I think the stock ECU aims for around 16 PSI, so even without a tune it will make a huge improvement.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KRNAGE View Post
    also check out the US forums, a few run that turbo and the 3076 version.
    Using the Standback or Cobb AP to tune, however we dont have Cobb AP support here so Xede, Standback, Haltech, Flash will be able to control boost (you may also need an external waste gate)
    You won't need an external waste gate.

6. Default

gt3071r would good rember to upgrade your cdfp

great thanks for the input. Might be buying myself one of these, just hope it all fits and i get no cels, etc.
    Was thinking of maybe getting the turbo only and maybe a CPE downpipe and cpe inlet, but if the ATP full kit is good then maybe that will do.

Aren't the ATP kits the ones that are succeptible to boost creep?

9. Default

speak to the guys at gcg turbos. they r a supplier of atp stuff aswell. and sould be able to handle any question you might have.

Apparently they have now ported the internal wastegate design to eliminate the boost issue.