User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stock rear engine mount - rubish!

Default stock rear engine mount - rubish!

This is the engine mount i pulled out of my car earlier this week. I found out it had a 'split' in it before I bought the car at 24000ks and mazda tried to tell the preious owner that a stick got in and peirced it so they wouldnt fix it under waranty. I (unknowingly) did another 10000ks on it!!!
    Got a CPE60d in now... soooo much better.
    If you havnt upgraded your engine mount... I highly recemmend it!!!

As you can see in the photo the center is totally detatched from the rubber. I am regretting not looking into it sooner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0013.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	2459  

Is this mod a difficult one? I have considered it however I'm very limited with access to tools & equipment.....

FArk, that looks dogy, most of the MPS's i known of have had it done. Will enquire what is required. .

Quote Originally Posted by Hama3 View Post
    Is this mod a difficult one? I have considered it however I'm very limited with access to tools & equipment.....
    Any workshop with a hoist can swap it over in ten minutes so won't cost much.
    Turbosmart SU BPV // MZR Performance Intake // Medieval Inlet pipe // Medieval rear engine mount // RKM shifter Bushings // SLS Racepipe // Eyelids

Its really easy. all you need is a 19mm and a 17mm. Only dramma is getting under it. I had it up on ramps and couldnt crack the nuts. Others were able to do it. I took it to a mates workshop... up on a hoist and done in 5 mins.

Yep - Stock mount =

but Stock mount = No Vibes...

me no likey vibes..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranton View Post
    but Stock mount = No Vibes...

me no likey vibes..
    First time I have heard that
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

So,
    The after market product is less forgiving than the stock engine mount? Are the vibes very noticeable Langer? I'm interested but only if it needs doing.........

So,
    The after market product is less forgiving than the stock engine mount? Are the vibes very noticeable Langer? I'm interested but only if it needs doing.........
    there is one at around 750rpms, quite noticable at first but a couple days later i dont notice as much. passenger side of center console vibes were loud but a small bit of cloth shoved up stopped that and i took out the cd cases out of the glove box. that took out all the annoying vibe noises except for one towards the rear which i will invistage once i get round to empying the boot.

Others that dont like the vibes have gone with corksport rubber inserts for the stock mount... but hey i like the solid feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by langer5489 View Post
    there is one at around 750rpms, quite noticable at first but a couple days later i dont notice as much. passenger side of center console vibes were loud but a small bit of cloth shoved up stopped that and i took out the cd cases out of the glove box. that took out all the annoying vibe noises except for one towards the rear which i will invistage once i get round to empying the boot.

Others that dont like the vibes have gone with corksport rubber inserts for the stock mount... but hey i like the solid feeling.
    Right,

So it's a personal thing then. How did you realise the rear engine mount needed to be replaced?????? That's the big question here I think.....

Just do it! If you have a gen 1 with a stock mount it needs to be changed. You'll love the difference when you're on the gas

What's the best brand and cost?

Also; I've heard it improves gear shift response in corners.. True?

What other changes will I notice?

Tom

Smile Cp-e ftw !!!

Quote Originally Posted by 03blk View Post
    What's the best brand and cost?

Also; I've heard it improves gear shift response in corners.. True?

What other changes will I notice?

Tom
    OK Tom this is a must do mod if your serious I recomend CP-E mount $225 from memory Yes to the above questions .
    My car has a cp-e mount 75 duro you can have a drive on the week end if you like .

Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 23-04-2010 at 07:16 PM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Sweet... on many levels!

I'll do Tim's SRI mod first and put this second on the list.

Thanks again for the good tips.

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    First time I have heard that
    i cant cope with the cabin vibes if you ever put a stock mount in you will realise how quiet the cabin actually is.. i think i will only use my 60 Duro for track days

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

i do think i know of a way vibes could be reduced even more

The Secondary rubber bush that is interconnecting the two sections of the mount...

if that secondary bush was over sized and made of a soldi but softer rubber...

The mount is dead easy to remove. I had the stock one out when I dropped the engine to fit the DP. It's in perfect condition and so I re-installed it. The trick is getting just enough weight off the engine to enable the pins to be removed with no side loads on them. I haven't heard of any other after-market mounts that don't give a harsh response.

If you noticed this when your car is second hand, then you will have no idea what treatment the car was subjected to that caused this failure. Some wally might have dumped the clutch at 5,000 rpm for all you know. I'm not sure I'd blame the mount out of hand.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    The mount is dead easy to remove. I had the stock one out when I dropped the engine to fit the DP. It's in perfect condition and so I re-installed it. The trick is getting just enough weight off the engine to enable the pins to be removed with no side loads on them. I haven't heard of any other after-market mounts that don't give a harsh response.

If you noticed this when your car is second hand, then you will have no idea what treatment the car was subjected to that caused this failure. Some wally might have dumped the clutch at 5,000 rpm for all you know. I'm not sure I'd blame the mount out of hand.
    I just swapped my mounts over. Put the CPE60 in. I would have to agree, my stock mount was pretty good, the rubber had started to separate from the metal, but it had not torn.

Just sitting at lights my car doesn't really vibrate, only when pulling away from light or when the engine is under load. In Canberra this is almost a non issue. I am hardly ever in traffic so its not a problem.

As far as gear change is concerned: what a huge difference. Even with the TWM gear a huge difference.
    Last edited by Crusher_13; 16-04-2010 at 09:06 AM.

get some CS inserts if you dont like vibes..

I love my 75 duro CPE mount.. the 60 was too squishy and it fell apart

have they fixed this issue with the Gen II?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast