User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: oil catchcan Gen 1 mps3

lol i cant come around to your place so post sum pics for me mate! pleeeeeaaasse....

I'd also be interested in some pics or maybe a "How To"

Group buy anyone? im interested

Yep.. me want.. me want.. me will have
    Last edited by Doc; 28-04-2010 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kagerou View Post
    hey,

the kit includes all the hoses, hose clamps, nuts and bolts to fit the can and attach the piping

it also includes detailed instructions with pictures on what you need to remove and fit, along with how to run the hoses

it even includes zip ties to hold the spring type hose clamps down to make it easier to attach the hose to the pcv, and for securing the hoses to the engine

in other words, everything you need, and more, is included in the kit, all you need is to provide your own tools

recommended if you dont want to muck around and make up your own kit, or not sure how you want to run the hoses and attach the canister

mate, considering where you live, it would be quicker for me to come around and show you then it would be for me to take photos haha

currently the canister is amounted below the intake, just under that silver metal section with that sticker that says not to touch because it may be hot

after 912km of driving, just over 700km were on the highway

thats a 600ml bottle, so at least 20ml of something

Geez thats a bit of oil, should only really be oil vapours in a catch can. . . But good note is at least its not 200ml
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

Oil vapor will collect in a well made baffled catch can. It will pool into normal liquefied oil. Above post is normal.

The PCV's on these cars are not so great.

Doc

ordered...

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Group buy anyone? im interested

Yep.. me want.. me want.. me will have
    yeh im keen! did u order already doc? did u ask for GB prices?

.. nup I got impatient.. sorry

Oil vapor will collect in a well made baffled catch can. It will pool into normal liquefied oil. Above post is normal.

The PCV's on these cars are not so great.

Doc
    Oh k, well if that was in my GTiR would spell certain bad news. . . our PCV system is great !
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

.. nup I got impatient.. sorry
    no worries mate let us know how the install goes! how long til u get the goods? hehe my bday comin up and i dunno wat mod to do next
    --- CPe DP + Custom 3" Stainless CBE --- Turbo Timer --- CPe CAI --- Turbo XS BPV --- CPe 75 Duro Rear Engine Mount --- 2XS SSP ---

Cool

Hey doc, thats an oxymoron (made in good old US of A with Japanese branding /logo )!!
    Interesting threads eh,(PTPerformance top hat restrictor, KR, Blown motors ETC.????)OCC can only help,agree it should be baffled,I have emailed Matt re results on Gen2 testing,it seems as though Mazda have already changed PCV hole size in Gen 2 . But i have decided to have MR Saikou Michi send me one also.Hey its only money!!!!!!

lol.. nice

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

I would like to see a pic of the change on yours thoug.. if you can be bothered to remove the top rocker cover breather and snap a pic of the metal pipe.. that would be much appreciated

lol.. nice

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

I would like to see a pic of the change on yours thoug.. if you can be bothered to remove the top rocker cover breather and snap a pic of the metal pipe.. that would be much appreciated
    Will do ,better still i should be at BM in couple days ,i hope. You can check it out then and catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    Will do ,better still i should be at BM in couple days ,i hope.
    Nice....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12