User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CPE engine mount 60d impressions on Mazda 3 MPS

about day 3 or 4 now.. vibes have numbed even more so..

Althou do get a bit of cabin rattle when moving off initially.. and get a vibe feedback on engine underrun (ie engine braking/slowing down)

Hmmm Vibes are still a little horrid for my Liking..

Starting to consider Swapping to Corksport inserts.. im not enjoying listening to my Interior Panels Vibrate away :-/

Will probably order new Factory Dogbone mount and place some CS inserts in that...

Oh no!

You are scaring me now, I have a CP-e one on the way..75 duro!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, good to hear some good comments on the TRZ piece, previously heard only bad things about it, reason why i ordered a CP-e one :-/

im very suseptible to vibes.. and noises..

im actually half considering devolping my own engine mount for the MPS that would more than likely kick the arse of all the other offerings on the market..

However.. getting it produced and people interested in it.. would be a whole different kettle of fish..

I used to do dogbone mounts for the MKIV Golf...

which basically were vibe free but very solid...

will probably start drawing something up tonight..

Would you sell direct to us Aussies?

Getting said item from my head and in to reality may be a bit difficult however...

I may fab something up in the in the next few weeks if i have everything necessary

Churr!

Hmmm

after a bit more driving last night.. it has dulled a little bit more.. fingers crossed it will dumb right down..

im not really a fan of hearing the cabin rattle when giving the throttle a stab as im moving off from the traffic lights everytime..

However

The Driving Shifting Feel is Sex on a Stick...

You should check the bolts to make sure they're tight. I had consistent rattling with mine for about a week after fitting, and I checked the bolts and they were a bit loose. After tightening them, I could barely feel any vibrations... a vast improvement!

I loctited them and Torqued to the specified Torque Rating of 70 nm or Ft/lb (what ever the Instructions stated... i will check tho tonight..

10. Default

Ahh what the hell, just bought one of these. looking forward to installing it (When i get the time!)

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sanx View Post
    You should check the bolts to make sure they're tight. I had consistent rattling with mine for about a week after fitting, and I checked the bolts and they were a bit loose. After tightening them, I could barely feel any vibrations... a vast improvement!
    Did you go the 60 or 75 Duro?

I installed 60 on mine. Vibes are barely noticeable even with air con on. Shifts are definitely smoother.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrelli View Post
    I installed 60 on mine. Vibes are barely noticeable even with air con on. Shifts are definitely smoother.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Hey mate, did you ever miss the 2nd to 3rd gear change? Had the mount improved it? I'm not sure whether it's my TX oil that needs changing (44XXXk's now) but I still occasionally find it hard to throw between 2nd and 3rd, thought the mount might help.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Hey mate, did you ever miss the 2nd to 3rd gear change? Had the mount improved it? I'm not sure whether it's my TX oil that needs changing (44XXXk's now) but I still occasionally find it hard to throw between 2nd and 3rd, thought the mount might help.
    Did you do gear shifter bushings too ? thats what helped my 2nd to 3rd gear change but i believe i need sin 75 oil put in.
    M P S - 3 - | K&N Filter | AEM CAI | CES Racing TIP | CES Racing Dumppipe | CES Racing 3" Stainless Exhaust | | 200CEL CAT | Pedders XA Extreme Coilovers | JBR REM | Painted Badges | COBB AP Stage 2 | JBR Heavy Gear Shit | FMIC |

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    2nd to 3rd, this is the gear that i sometime miss on fast shifts!!Mount has improved this to an extent. i havent given it a good flogging. the missus has defintely noticed the shifts are now smoother than before.

im at 45k now and am going to change tx oil at my next service.

ill have a play tonight on the freeway and see if i can miss them 2-3 changes.

I used to miss 2nd-3rd all the time. Don't think I ever missed it since I put my mount in 20,000km later.

i've been wanting to do this since before i bought the car after reading its improvements on the forums. But, not sure to go with the Cpe or Sure?

I've only done 9000 km in mine and I miss 2nd to 3rd alot of the time . Waiting for my sure REM to arrive and hope this will fix the problem

finally got myself a cpe 60duro, going to install it tomorrow. Hoping for some nice improvements

just to add to the thread, installed my Cpe 60 duro this morning and its definitely a worth while expense. All the hype about these mounts is pretty valid and something i should have done sooner. Clutch feel has increased, shifting is smoother, downshifting is much smoother and there is a bit more vibration in the cabin but for the end result, deal with it.
    Also, i noticed my old mount had a crack in the rubber. Glad i changed it.
    Install was a breeze, 30mins in total. Anyone worried about how to get the mount in place after the old ones removed, dont be, slides in no problem and all bolts line up perfect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12