User Tag List

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

I had a knocking coming from the front left of the car. Took it to mazda and they said the sway bar linkages were shot so they replaced them.

I left the dealership, did one lap and it was obvious that they hadn't solved the problem, gg Mazda. So i took it back in and they replaced the front strut which has fixed the problem. So to all those getting knocks, get them to check your struts.

2. Default need help

i installed a blitz bov and i having problem with it.
    the engine light keeps going on. what do i do??? anyone know how 2 help me
    i got an mazda 3 mps gen 2... and does anyone know where i can take my car for
    mods in perth???

thanks

3. Default

You must have an air leak. check hoses.

I have an issue with my front driver seat. When elevated (even slightly) there is up and down play in the front of the seat.

Brought it up with Mazda when I put it in for a service last week. The Service Manager and I both had a good look under the seat and it's coming from a metal pin that sits in a scissor-style runner channel mechanism which moves the seat up and down. The pin is smaller than the channel it's running in and there's a good 5-8mm up and down play in the seat as a result.

This is particularly noticeable under heavy acceleration/deceleration. The seat tends to rock back and forth unnervingly

As it looks like it's come from the factory that way, the dealership are organising for a Mazda head office rep to come and take a look at it early in the new year to see if there's a way of resolving it.

In the meantime, I've lowered my seat to it's min height and that's stopped the rocking for the time being.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

5. Default

You're not the only one with seat issues. Subaru issued a TSB for a replacement drivers seat for my 09 STi Spec R (the high end seats) as they tended to shear the frame bolts at the lowest setting going around hard corners.

The tell tale signs was squeaking at the lowest setting, and mine was replaced only 3 weeks ago. Not bad though, got a brand new drivers seat after owning the car for 17 months. Matches the passenger seat now, which has hardly been used!

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    I have an issue with my front driver seat. When elevated (even slightly) there is up and down play in the front of the seat.
    Wierd, I was talking to a friend today who mum's 6 Lux had the same issue (i think same seat)

This was when i dropped off my car so they could have a look at a vibration on the clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    You're not the only one with seat issues. Subaru issued a TSB for a replacement drivers seat for my 09 STi Spec R (the high end seats) as they tended to shear the frame bolts at the lowest setting going around hard corners.

The tell tale signs was squeaking at the lowest setting, and mine was replaced only 3 weeks ago. Not bad though, got a brand new drivers seat after owning the car for 17 months. Matches the passenger seat now, which has hardly been used!
    OUCH! Because hard cornering isn't something your average STi driver would be doing......at all

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMPS View Post
    Wierd, I was talking to a friend today who mum's 6 Lux had the same issue (i think same seat)

This was when i dropped off my car so they could have a look at a vibration on the clutch.
    Yeah, the Service Manager mentioned to me that the 6s have the same setup, as apparently do the CX7s (and or 9s, couldn't remember if it was either or both he mentioned)
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

x 1000 for the cruise issue!

Car is in for its 30,000km service tomorrow and after reading this thread i'm gona crack it if they say they cant replicate it and ask for a PCM replacement. I have complained every service about this.

Also had a few rattles and squeaks too, one was from the glovebox and the other was the windscreen cowling creaking but the noise sounded like it was around the revision mirror area.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Yeah, the Service Manager mentioned to me that the 6s have the same setup, as apparently do the CX7s (and or 9s, couldn't remember if it was either or both he mentioned)
    And the setups are not cheap.

Which will means that Mazda will come out or want a photo which means you are likely to be without your car for a coupe of days. As I am at the moment and the reason it came up in in discussion.

On the bright side you will appricate the MPS more when you get it back. I have an auto 3 maxx at the moment, the MPS was money well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    Hey missjody9, the engine check light (CEL) can come on for any hundreds of reasons. Be sure to ask the dealer "what was the check code "The code should start with the letter P.
    Also ask the dealer what sensor did they replace and post your info ,we may then be able to assist u.
    Also have a search in the forums ,there was a CEL code list posted some time ago.
    Well mazda have had the car several times since this post, they have replaced the engine light sensor and the fuel purge sensor, they have now given me a crappy Mazda 2 courtesy car for a week so they can just play with it until they find the problem, he phoned me today and said they are replacing the PCU but he does not think that will fix it either, apparently they have never seen one this bad, doesnt matter what they do it doesnt go off... time will tell I guess

Default New ECU @ 14,000kms

I have a 10month old '09 MPS mk2 and had i die on my driving in traffic.
    After having it towed to my local dealer, 3 days later they decided I need a new ECU.
    New ECU (under warranty) and it's all good!

But as soon as I drove it the next day, I've noticed a knock under acceleration in the front on the drivers side.
    I'll take it back and get it looked at next week.

Any ideas on what the knock could be?
    It's just happens as it surges forward and then stops.
    Sounds like my old 300zx did when an engine mount went pop?!

Under hard acceleration or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, hard acceleration. just knocks at that initial weight transfer as you get sucked back into your seat

I have a CPE rear engine mount (60duro) yet to be fitted.
    The dealer I went to was happy to fit it for me. So I might get them to check the noise and fit that as well.

14. Default

what are you talking about we dont even live in canada

Car is in for service today, complained about the Cruise issue again, dont think they are taking me seriously. It disengaged itself 4 times yesterday on the way back from Bathurst.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Car is in for service today, complained about the Cruise issue again, dont think they are taking me seriously. It disengaged itself 4 times yesterday on the way back from Bathurst.
    I had mine do that twice on the trip back yesterday too

should get a video of it happening... ie footage of your hands on the wheel and it suddenly disengaging

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    should get a video of it happening... ie footage of your hands on the wheel and it suddenly disengaging
    Happens too randomly. I've not been able to induce it unfortunately

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Guys as far as I'm aware it's a known issue with Mazda. I'm sure a few others have had the pcm(??) replaced to fix this. I got mine replaced earlier this year and hasn't happened since.

When I took mine in for the previous service I told them of the issue. They said they'd never heard of it happening. I told them that every gen2 mps owner i know of has this issue. They called me back later that afternoon and told me I was correct, ie it is a known issue after speaking to mazda hq. They ordered the part for me that day.

Just got my 10k service done today, all good except needed the ashtray fixed under warranty, my old man broke it while closing it. Dont know how he did it.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast