User Tag List

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

Update on Cruise Control Issue:

Like what has been mentioned about 4 weeks ago, I had a call from my Dealer Service Manager - advising that they would like to fit a new PCM to my vehicle to fix this issue. I was told not to say anything at this stage, but clearly, others now know about it. This was replaced at my last service, and so far, has seemed to have fixed the issue. I'll wait till I've had more time to use cruise control tho before making a firm statement. They're unsure whether physical PCM replacements will be needed, or a software reflash....
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Mine switched off again last night on the way back from the Gong, same thing as last time.

Hmmm will mention again at next service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by prettyredmps View Post
    An update. Knocking in the rear was a loose sway bar as previously reported by someone else. Seems fine now. Funny bit was me suggesting this to tech when I dropped it off based on what I read here. He gave me his most patronising look but was real contrite a few hours later when he told me that was the problem
    Another one here with this annoying knock. Just ticked over 9000ks and loud knock has developed in the drivers side rear over pretty much all but the smallest bumps. Will definately get the RSB checked at the 10K Service.

I too have the pitiful searching Cruise Control. Yet to have it disengage though...

One more thing I have noticed it a light thud when the clutch is depressed between gear shifts - especially 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd.. Has anyone else noticed this?? Best I can describe is first gear, accelerate normally > Clutch in > *thud* > shift. Same into third also. Its only subtle and seems to be coming from the rear. I have wondered if it may be slight exhaust pop? but I dont think so, just not sure! Shifter feel is still normal between gears. its pretty annoying having a thud every change and a knock every bump!
    Last edited by 3MPS; 21-10-2010 at 10:09 PM.

As mentioned, I had the 10,000km service early this week and mentioned about the cruise control issue. Got the response, that they could not confirm the issue as they could not successfully copy the situation that I am in when cruise control is active; totally understand the statement and the dealer has done their best.
    I called Mazda Technical Service and two days later got a call back saying that Mazda Australia acknowledge an issue exists with the cruise control on some vehicles. I got a call back from the dealer saying that the parts would be ordered (new control module etc).

So the next time Im in Sydney, Ill get it replaced. Great dealership for service.

5. Default

So, having only noticed this knock from the rear in the last two days, this morning sounded and felt like the rear of the car was going to fall apart under me. Got it home today (gingerly) and put it up on the stands - No exaggeration, Drivers side Rear sway bar nut was free spinning, and I was able to undo the passenger side with my fingers.

Tightened them both back up and the car feels great again. Problem solved, but pretty shocking... Why would these not be a nyloc or something similar??

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    Update on Cruise Control Issue:

Like what has been mentioned about 4 weeks ago, I had a call from my Dealer Service Manager - advising that they would like to fit a new PCM to my vehicle to fix this issue. I was told not to say anything at this stage, but clearly, others now know about it. This was replaced at my last service, and so far, has seemed to have fixed the issue. I'll wait till I've had more time to use cruise control tho before making a firm statement. They're unsure whether physical PCM replacements will be needed, or a software reflash....
    +1 to above . Issued a thread today re Cruise poss fix .

7. Default

Gotta say I still get the occassional thud from somewhere or other, and it mostly sounds straight under the gear shift to me. God knows what this is, it's very intermittent for no real reason. I also get some weird knock in the rear drivers side that always makes me think I just got sideswiped.

I love the mps but this is about my 8th or 9th car and I have never had an issue of ? noises previously. I 'm a realist, I envision some major issue 4 mins after the warranty ends. But whatever I love it, great little machine for the price. I just started a new job with a whole bunch of Merc, BMW and Lexus drivers admiring it, asking what it is and tripping over their tongues when I give em a few headline specs.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by prettyredmps View Post
    . I also get some weird knock in the rear drivers side that always makes me think I just got sideswiped.
    I'd be checking the Rear Sway bar mate, mine only just ticked over 9000ks and much longer and the drivers side nut would have disappeared all together.

9. Default

Rear sway bar has been diagnosed, at fault and sorted. This is NOT the same thing. I have NFI what it is.

Ive had mine for a week now, its used car 2008 mps3 gen2, no issues yet

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    +1 to above . Issued a thread today re Cruise poss fix .
    03/11/10 Dealer fitted new PCM. I did a highway trip of approx 200klm and no sign of cruise control drop out. SO Far so good.

03/11/10 Dealer fitted new PCM. I did a highway trip of approx 200klm and no sign of cruise control drop out. SO Far so good.
    Good to here paul

Default engine light keeps coming on

Hey guys/gals, is anyone else having problems with the engine light coming on? not long after I got the MPS it came on, they ran a bunch of tests and said that the sensor was faulty, they had the car for a couple of days and replaced it, but it is on again after only 3 or 4 months, bloody annoying being without a car I can tell you. Just interested to see if anyone else is having the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by missjody9 View Post
    Hey guys/gals, is anyone else having problems with the engine light coming on? not long after I got the MPS it came on, they ran a bunch of tests and said that the sensor was faulty, they had the car for a couple of days and replaced it, but it is on again after only 3 or 4 months, bloody annoying being without a car I can tell you. Just interested to see if anyone else is having the same problem.
    Hey missjody9, the engine check light (CEL) can come on for any hundreds of reasons. Be sure to ask the dealer "what was the check code "The code should start with the letter P.
    Also ask the dealer what sensor did they replace and post your info ,we may then be able to assist u.
    Also have a search in the forums ,there was a CEL code list posted some time ago.

Hi All,

I just had the guy from Mazda HQ acknowledge the cruise control issue and they will order the replacement PCM. Otherwise she's running good......

Was this through a dealer or direct contact with Mazda HQ?

I want mine fixed too!

Hey missjody9, the engine check light (CEL) can come on for any hundreds of reasons. Be sure to ask the dealer "what was the check code "The code should start with the letter P.
    Also ask the dealer what sensor did they replace and post your info ,we may then be able to assist u.
    Also have a search in the forums ,there was a CEL code list posted some time ago.

Thanks, they replaced the CEL sensor last time, they hooked it up yesterday and came back with 4 A4 sheets of possible issues, they want it for the day to trouble shoot then send a report to Mazda, I have to wait 2 weeks for them to do this and they reckon is safe to drive while light is on...

18. Default

PCM change today.

Default Cruise Control

Had the PCM changed a little while ago. Completed a number of long trips sucessfuly with no cruise control problems.

Could be a problem with the PCM in some of the earlier models. The firmware is allegedly the same as the previous PCM acording to the dealer so I don't know what is making the difference.

20. Default

PCM update: Had a chance to give the cruise control a good work out and I'm happy to report that it seems to be working perfectly. It actually seems to be a lot more linear than it was before i/e the throttle reacts a lot quicker to inclines and declines and seems to maintain your set speed much better.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast