User Tag List

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

....err, i'll PM you the name just incase the mods get angry

Just a update.

They have replaced my transmission.

Apparently the noise is no longer there.

I will be picking up it tomorrow so i'll see how it goes.

Guess i'm not changing my tranny fluid for a while or till its scheduled in my service.

Or at this rate i'll be up for another transmission....

Quote Originally Posted by MPShiv View Post
    mine does the EXACT same thing, bloody frustrating considering all the high way driving i do. mine tries to accelerate back for a bit and then just gives up :S
    Same issue; Ive got a 2010 model. Any word from the service centre.
    I sent an email to Mazda HQ and the response I got was take it to a service centre. Surely by now they would have worked it out.

On another note, the CSR from Mazda actually told me that the MPS did not have the advanced key.
    Last edited by OzCJ; 10-08-2010 at 07:10 AM.

My car has gone in for service today and I have had the cruise thing happen a few times recently.

I mentioned it to them and the bloke said he hasnt heard of it happening. I asked them to look at it.

Its only gone in for its 5k service today though, nothing major.

Issues so far at just under 10,000kms.

1. Crusie control fluctuates speed frequently and turns itself off when it wants no matter what gear or revs i'm on, going up or down a hill or on a flat road with bumps or not. I was also coming up the freeway in the rain the other night and had cruise on thinking that maybe that was not a good idea, all of a sudden the traction control light started flashing and the revs were going up... Needless to say I turned the cruise off pretty quickly.

2. Drivers floor mat almost worn through already

3. Highly annoying squeak from the dash cluster

4. Clutch makes a horrid smell occasionally (Smells like LPG) It seems to me like it is not disengauging fully when you take off on a hill, even without riding the clutch

5. Twice I have gone to my car and it has been unlocked, even though I locked it previously... Luckily this has been when I was at home both instances but is a little worrying...

Car is booked in for its 10,000km service in a week or two so will wait and see what the dealer says.

6. Default

Engine oil leak...
    Dealers have had 5 goes at fixing it.
    Now only at 8000kms.
    Shitbox.

Blog Entries

I would take it to a new dealer!! 5 times!!

8. Default

^ I have.

+1 to that gay ass cruise control problem on the Gen II. Annoying as hell that.

10. Default

An update. Knocking in the rear was a loose sway bar as previously reported by someone else. Seems fine now. Funny bit was me suggesting this to tech when I dropped it off based on what I read here. He gave me his most patronising look but was real contrite a few hours later when he told me that was the problem

The Sat nav is woeful, seems it has never heard of the M7 and is pretty vague on the M2 and Eastern Distributor as well. Is there some sort of avoid tolls setting I need to turn off??? I can't find one. Can it be updated?? My three year old Navman is more up to date that my 2010 car.

Latest minor annoyance, blown indicator globe at 3,000 KM's. Sure it could be a dodgy globe but I am conncerned there may be a bigger issue here.

There is an option (on get 2 atleast) for setting it to use or avoid major roads, that may help.

Quote Originally Posted by prettyredmps View Post
    Is there some sort of avoid tolls setting I need to turn off???
    Yes there is, i just can not remember how but it is there. I will have a look later.

No updates yet maybe later in the year.

13. Default

Well the globe replacement was $39.10 and not warranty. Bit unhappy, previous gig was a Lexus, never had such fights (or blown globes)

14. Default

Well the globe replacement was $39.10 and not warranty. Bit unhappy, previous gig was a Lexus, never had such fights (or blown globes)
    what the hell?$39 for an indicator bulb????

Just a couple of squeaks and rattles from mine so far.

One is the plastic scuttle tray creaking and rubbing on the windscreen as previously mentioned by a few others (their reporting helped me diagnose my own issue..... so that's terrific)

The other is a squeaking centre console. Only happens when I rest my arm on it. Seems to be coming from the lid itself.

Both easily rectifiable I'd say. At least I'll be able to point exactly to the issues on it's next service. Nothing worse than an unidentifiable rattle...... drives me nuts

16. Default

I'm thinking it might be time to make good on my promise and notify a few media outlets about the dangerous issue we are having with our cruise control.

Had the problem occur on the F6 the other day when I was in the outside lane. By the time I realised, I had a truck bearing down on me.
    Last edited by MPS 250 PLUS; 14-09-2010 at 09:31 AM.

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MPS 250 PLUS View Post
    I'm thinking it might be time to make good on my promise and notify a few media outlets about the dangerous issue we are having with our cruise control.

Had the problem accur on the F6 the other day when I was in the outside lane. By the time I realised, I had a truck bearing down on me.
    You need to do it. Its a safety issue and there should be a recall for it. My Gen I never did it, and neither did any of my other past & present cars...

18. Default

any updates on the avoid tolls/major roads setting??? Still haven't found it and it still detests a toll road (yes its a Gen 2)

any updates on the avoid tolls/major roads setting??? Still haven't found it and it still detests a toll road (yes its a Gen 2)
    have screen on Satnav

Click "enter"
    Select "Cancel/Edit Route"
    Select "Route Prreferences"

20. Default

Havent tested but found the setting. Thanks. Just where I expected it under Cancel preferences. Who the hell sets this logic???

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast