User Tag List

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

Update - wife dropped car off this morning at the dealer.

Air-con actuator got fixed under warranty

New headlight housing ordered under warranty. They noticed a tiny hole in the top when they took it off the car to blow air through it (to remove the condensation). Their intention was to dry the moisture and see how it goes but noticed air kept on escaping while trying to dry it.

Quote Originally Posted by allo80 View Post
    Hi All, followed this thread when i got my second Hand Gen II 3 MPS and found that there was some issues that were talked about here, so big thanks to all for sharing your experiences

The issues i had and the fixes were:
    - Cruise Control falling asleep after coming off downhill (it wouldnt maintain speed when car got to level slope) >> fixed with an updated software for the PCM (computer). The software also felt it gave the car extra top end in terms of power at higher rpm (am i dreaming?!??!)
    - RHS window making some noise when closing window >> was a window rail adjustment
    - Slop in the gear (compared to my Mazda 6) >> was "normal" according to the dealer...that will be fixed with shifter bushings
    - slight knocking noise when changing gear >> again was "normal" according to the dealer...sneaking suspicion its the Rear Engine Mount (REM). Ordered some Corksport mount inserts. Their video on the slop of the factory mount is eye opening. Am awaiting for these to arrive so i can install

In regards to the piston pin recall, i had a recall on my Mazda 6 about six months ago where they replaced the said pin on all cylinders. Was at the dealer for 3 to 5 days (cant rememeber exactly). Havent heard re. 3 MPS recall, but then again ive only had the car for a month (and loving it).

No need to worry about the Piston Pin Clip... was given some incorrect information by my dealer.
    That recall was for my previous car... GH Mazda 6 2.5Ltr.
    MAZDA 2 DE GENKI
    PEDDERS SportsRyder lowered | KUMHO KU39 LeSport | OPAL Corsa 17" alloys
    CORKSPORT Short Shift plate, F&R strut brace, SRI & air duct | CUSTOM exhaust

Has anyone had any starting issues with there MPS?

Issue is after the car has been left for a while (overnight, 2+hours) when I try to start it, it will turn over for about 5+ seconds before the engine fires up. Turn it off and start it again and it fires up straight away. No codes are up, I use vortex 98, and the battery is fine. I'm assuming maybe fuel pressure issue?

Also update on my headlight washers blowing fuses, it was a faulty headlight washer pump. Had to diagnose myself and take back to the dealership. Replaced under warranty.

Ok so have 2 to report so far, GPS screen mold (Replaced GPS) rear wing rattle (Replaced Seal) done and done!

Quote Originally Posted by mpsnoob View Post
    Ok so have 2 to report so far, GPS screen mold (Replaced GPS) rear wing rattle (Replaced Seal) done and done!
    Seems they had a few issues with Mould... and also the condensation forming in the headlamps.

Interesting to see if any GenII owners have noticed a leak from the crankcase... At Fulcrum Suspension Day about 12-18mths ago, Wardy noticed a leak - fresh oil. Mazda said it was the sump seal, but I was baffled how it got so high up... oil runs down, not up...
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Quote Originally Posted by Airsk View Post
    Has anyone had any starting issues with there MPS?

Issue is after the car has been left for a while (overnight, 2+hours) when I try to start it, it will turn over for about 5+ seconds before the engine fires up. Turn it off and start it again and it fires up straight away. No codes are up, I use vortex 98, and the battery is fine. I'm assuming maybe fuel pressure issue?

Also update on my headlight washers blowing fuses, it was a faulty headlight washer pump. Had to diagnose myself and take back to the dealership. Replaced under warranty.
    Has anyone had this issue?? Is doing it more and more regularly, but dealer cannot identify the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sikdailo View Post
    I've had my car in and out of the workshop about 5 times about this, it keeps coming back. I'm going to take it back to them cause now both sides are doing it. Not signing off on anything til its fixed.
    Just an FYI, I've had Mazda replace my 2 front shocks and my noise is now gone

However, I've come across another problem. Not sure if anyone else is having the problem but my car at random (which sucks as I won't be able to prove it to the dealer if it doesnt happen) from the first 10 mins of driving, when the car hits 2nd - 4th gear and comes on boost, the car jerks as if the turbo is struggling to boost. The only 2 mods on my car are a CP-e CAI and a CP-e TIP. Rest of the car is stock standard. This is the 4th time it's happened to me, I thought the first 3 times it was cause I had left my car in the garage for over a month and it was carbon build up, but happened again this morning when I've been driving my car more regularly i.e. 2-3 times a week, and had no problems with boosting yesterday. It happens around the 2500-4000 RPM range to be more exact.

Any ideas anyone? Or anyone else experienced similar?
    Last edited by sikdailo; 11-06-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Default A Program cannot be read. Please consult to a dealer.'

Guys I replaced the battery today on my 2009 3MPS and now I have a message on my NAV screen - 'A Program cannot be read. Please consult to a dealer.' This remains on screen and won't disappear.

So I went to Australian Motors here in SA (Wayville). A service guy tried disconnecting the negative feed, removed the SD card, pushed the brake pedal for 60sec and still couldn't fix it. They said they will contact Melbourne tech support tomorrow (it was 5pm here, so no-on would have answered in Vic)

Just wondering if anyone else has had this and if there is a known fix? A Google search only brought up what the service guy and I have tried..

Cheers

My steering wheel is peeling just one side (window side) feels horrible. Any ideas on how to fix? Friend suggested fluffy steering wheel cover. But I don't think do lol

Sent from somewhere in this big wide world....

That sucks Jody

Car still under warranty? Might be worth trying to make a claim maybe?

Failing that I know of one person who's had some success with leather overlay covers from ebay:

Interior detail - Steering wheel - Hand stitched

Not sure of the exact one he used, but there are a number of options on ebay listed. You'd want to try to find one that's the closest match to the size and colour of your current wheel if you didn't want it to stand out

steering wheel cover | eBay

Hope this helps

Dan
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    That sucks Jody

Car still under warranty? Might be worth trying to make a claim maybe?

Failing that I know of one person who's had some success with leather overlay covers from ebay:

Interior detail - Steering wheel - Hand stitched

Not sure of the exact one he used, but there are a number of options on ebay listed. You'd want to try to find one that's the closest match to the size and colour of your current wheel if you didn't want it to stand out

steering wheel cover | eBay

Hope this helps

Dan
    Yep still under warranty. Might give them a call! Thanks

Sent from somewhere in this big wide world....
    Queenslands Bossy Bitch

12. Default Decision

Hello,

Been reading through the forums for the last few days. I noticed a quite a bit of issue regarding this car, I always thought Mazda was pretty reliable, but that doesn't seem to be the case here, please prove me wrong in thinking these cars would cause me a lot of grief once I do purchase one?
    Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MPS3XY View Post
    Hello,

Been reading through the forums for the last few days. I noticed a quite a bit of issue regarding this car, I always thought Mazda was pretty reliable, but that doesn't seem to be the case here, please prove me wrong in thinking these cars would cause me a lot of grief once I do purchase one?
    Many thanks!
    90-95% of people have little to no issues... sadly this is where people come to ask questions if they have a problem...

Look at it this way, Mazda has sold ~1500 mps' there is 330 posts here, probably 4-5 posts at least of people answering questions per question posed... so there isn't that many issues

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 04-08-2012 at 08:58 AM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    90-95% of people have little to no issues... sadly this is where people come to ask questions if they have a problem...

Look at it this way, Mazda has sold ~1500 mps' there is 330 posts here, probably 4-5 posts at least of people answering questions per question posed... so there isn't that many issues

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Totally agree
    Plus u have add the factor the a lot of us have OCD!!!

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

And people don't usually post about not having problems. You will find plenty of posts on every forum.. We just have big threads for warranty work so there is transparency of what can be covered.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Every car has its issues. Go to Nissan or Subaru and they will have threads on various dramas, rare as they may be.
    @Jmac said it in one...

Finally after 23weeks I have had my fuel tank replaced

When taking off or braking to a stop the divided in the middle of tank had come loose and was screeching and scraping along.

The fuel sensor was finally lodged and wasn't working

After a stern letter to Mazda Australia about how long I have waited. The fuel tank arrived and was fitted.

Peter "SLIXX"

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Every car has its issues. Go to Nissan or Subaru and they will have threads on various dramas, rare as they may be.
    @Jmac said it in one...
    True, but I found my Gen 1 MPS and the misses 2008 Mazda 3 Neo to have many more "rare" dramas than any Subaru, Hyundai or Nissan I've owned... Maybe mine was just a lemon and my steering rack falling out was just designed to test my driving skills - and no you can't turn a car by leaning to one side like a skateboard.... but then that would mean there are quite a few lemons out there, especially since this forum probably accounts for less than 10% of all MPS owners on the road...

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Finally after 23weeks I have had my fuel tank replaced

When taking off or braking to a stop the divided in the middle of tank had come loose and was screeching and scraping along.
    And looking at this, its clear Mazda finds it acceptable to have an unroadworthy, unsafe car drive around for 23 weeks..

Zoom Zoom Boom......
    Last edited by Wardski; 12-08-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by allo80 View Post
    Hi All, followed this thread when i got my second Hand Gen II 3 MPS and found that there was some issues that were talked about here, so big thanks to all for sharing your experiences

The issues i had and the fixes were:
    - Cruise Control falling asleep after coming off downhill (it wouldnt maintain speed when car got to level slope) >> fixed with an updated software for the PCM (computer). The software also felt it gave the car extra top end in terms of power at higher rpm (am i dreaming?!??!)
    - RHS window making some noise when closing window >> was a window rail adjustment
    - Slop in the gear (compared to my Mazda 6) >> was "normal" according to the dealer...that will be fixed with shifter bushings
    - slight knocking noise when changing gear >> again was "normal" according to the dealer...sneaking suspicion its the Rear Engine Mount (REM). Ordered some Corksport mount inserts. Their video on the slop of the factory mount is eye opening. Am awaiting for these to arrive so i can install

In regards to the piston pin recall, i had a recall on my Mazda 6 about six months ago where they replaced the said pin on all cylinders. Was at the dealer for 3 to 5 days (cant rememeber exactly). Havent heard re. 3 MPS recall, but then again ive only had the car for a month (and loving it).
    Thanks for posting that, mine has had the cruise control issue since I got it 70,000kms ago, I rarely use the cruise but when I do use it this issue is very annoying. I'm glad there's a fix, I'll have to try to remember to have them apply it at the next service.

Also, any idea how much they will charge for a map update on the GPS system, mine is nearly 3 years old now and it's missing all of the road changes that have happened in those years.

EDIT: Answered my own question, you don't get map updates from Mazda, you have to pay Sensis, $300!

http://www.whereismaps.com/buy-map-u...3&deviceid=279

I'll still ask the dealer, maybe updates are included under warranty but I doubt it. Sorry for going off topic.
    Last edited by Scratch2k; 18-10-2012 at 11:14 AM.
    'oh, that's what that yellow car is for, I thought it was the "you're doing great" light!'

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch2k View Post

I'll still ask the dealer, maybe updates are included under warranty but I doubt it. Sorry for going off topic.
    No they're not included

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast