User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: MPS6 engine hesitation

1. Default

You guys sure its not the ecu possibly cutting the pressure to the HPFP? (Possibly through some retard/knock?)

ie. nothing wrong with the fuel pump rather the ecu fuel cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Lol my NGKs lasted all of 2 months.
    Going back to densos next week , they lasted almost 40,000kms
    Oh great lol. First it was Denso's playing up, now its the NGK's lol
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

Quote Originally Posted by infusion View Post
    You guys sure its not the ecu possibly cutting the pressure to the HPFP? (Possibly through some retard/knock?)

The ECU is more likely to request more fuel in a knock situation than cut fuel pressure.
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

4. Default

Hell no even with the engine off my ultragauage shows over 400psi, his dips are just a do not drive
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Where are you? I have fitted internals and pumps on a few of these things lol

knock = richening of AFR's and pulled ignition timing, the opposite of that happened
    his go stupidly lean (14.7 @ 14psi of boost = )... and 150psi fuel pressure on a DI motor is stupid low
    the ignition timing also went all over the place, and the throttle plate slammed itself shut + wgdc went to 0, these are signs of the ECU going "oh crap, fuel pressure drop"
    he also stated that there was 0 knock in the logs, and it was removed cause it showed nothing, and needed screen real estate for the picture

EDIT: i have a log of knock on 24psi if you really want proof my fuel pressure stayed ~1800psi
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 04-06-2013 at 10:17 PM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Where are you? I have fitted internals and pumps on a few of these things lol
    canberra

Quote Originally Posted by pural001 View Post
    canberra
    dyno tune @ belconnen fitted autotech's to @Jimbo's old car
    and apparently the owner of "ultimate tunes" Home has a heavily modded 6...

these would be your best 2 bets...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

canberra
    Ultimate tunes are the MPS experts in canberra. Adrian one of the tuners has a 6 MPS it's not modified though which is kind of funny as they are the ECUtek dealers for canberra.

Ultimate tunes do quality work although u wouldn't think so by looking at the place there dunny looks like the dunny from Trainspotting

11. Default

thanks, chef, will give them a call tomorrow.

Tell them Gavan with the blue MPS sent u

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    fark, fuel pump is crapping itself, no wonder you're having problems... should never go under 1600psi @ WOT, and even at idle, should still be in 400-450 range
    the pressure dies, AFR's go to hell, and throttle plate goes all funky, this is first step to causing a piston to appear outside your block, get new internals asap
    options here:
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/engin...-upgrades.html

suggest contacting @EdgeAutosport.com asap to get some, if they're out, hit up rallysportdirect, they get a shipment in this wednesday
    **AUTOTECH INTERNALS IN STOCK** - Page 2 - Mazdaspeed Forums
    Our shipment of autotechs is due in wednesday as well and for the first time since December we won't be back ordered so let me know if you need some and I'll pull them aside for you

there you go @pural001
    be about $450 shipped to your door for autotech's + spark plugs

15. Default

This is the issue I had with my car around the 50k mark, many years ago.

'06 3MPS.

HPFP (or fuel pump booster as told to me) had died, but took a rolling dyno and 3 days of sensor testing to find out what was wrong. I drove my car for around 20k before the problem got diagnosed, so no BIG BANG from my car. Basically, fitted another stock part bought cheap from a mate who works at Mazda in parts division. Thankfully, worked great ever since, no hesitation, no problems.

It cuts out just as boost kicks in, often on mid-range throttle, then goes into what I could only describe as maintenance mode until throttle is released and normality restored. Strange, but yeah. Sounds identical.

You can go an upgraded version if you want, I didn't because they were only just new at the time and I had no money to mod the car.
    3 MPS - Rolling on Pirelli PZero Neros, sitting on Bilstein B12's, stock internals... still makes me smile with the Zoom Zoom.

Yeah DynoTune belco did my fuel pump no issues.

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Teeth View Post
    It cuts outexactly as boost kicks in, often on mid-range throttle, then goes into what I could only describe as maintenance mode until throttle is released and normality restored. Strange, but yeah. Sounds identical.

You can go an upgraded version if you want, I didn't because they were only just new at the time and I had no money to mod the car.
    Yeah, sounds identical. this is exactly what happens to me.

I had a fouled plug. Replaced and it got better but persisted. Replaced hpfp and happy days.

Sent from my S4 while I'm tappin dat' glass.

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeAutosport.com View Post
    Our shipment of autotechs is due in wednesday as well and for the first time since December we won't be back ordered so let me know if you need some and I'll pull them aside for you
    Thanks @EdgeAutosport.com

Just placed an order

regards, Aaron

Hey Guys,

I may have found the section in my logs that line up with the hesitation issue. The log is now highlighted in red where this occurs. Would you mind taking a look and suggesting possible fixes? The car runs slightly lean when coming on boost as AFR's hit the 15's and a small amount of knock is detected. This is not something I can repeat and happens randomly. I need to also state that it is not a WOT problem and happens when just driving around normally. The car seems to lose power for a second or two but if I do the same thing again a minute later its fine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfwqkv96ho...SModified.xlsx

To date i've:

*Replaced and gapped plugs
    *Replaced oil and oil filter
    *Stretched coil pack springs
    *Changed air filter
    *Cleaned MAF sensor
    *Bought Cobb AP and am running the Stage 1 98 tune
    *Done a MAF calibration
    *Installed Grimmspeed boost controller

It doesn't appear to be fuel pump related but next I plan to get the Autotech internals anyway as a precautionary measure

I appreciate any advice you can give as i'm stumped

Dan

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast