User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cobb Stage 2 with Test Pipe only

1. Default

I have had nothing but good experience with corksport stuff..but fuel pump internals with this platform are a massive link when going mods, the corksport ones seem overkill until there are bigger flowing injectors available (and thats if you are going around 500hp plus with out 5th port). Seeing Voltron, Freek and rfinkle are now partnered up with corksport..maybe bigger injectors r in the works.

2. Default

Well how much flow are you after how much better/cheaper are we expecting CS HPFP internals to be?

Autotech are proven which is why I went with them.

3. Default

Hey guys, just wondering what extra benefits there are with a DP over just the test pipe? When I reflash, should I be able to use the stage 2/DP OTS timing tables with a test pipe?

Quote Originally Posted by RotarySnail View Post
    Hey guys, just wondering what extra benefits there are with a DP over just the test pipe? When I reflash, should I be able to use the stage 2/DP OTS timing tables with a test pipe?
    The stock DP is more restrictive then the Stock Catted Midpipe, so therefore replacing the DP is more beneficial. However with just a test pipe (and fuel pump) you can run OTS2 maps.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

5. Default

So where will be seeing the restriction? Just in my boost/wastegate control?

Quote Originally Posted by RotarySnail View Post
    So where will be seeing the restriction? Just in my boost/wastegate control?
    The DP is the restriction. Has a cat-converter in there that saves the whales but kills your performance.

By using a catless/high flow DP you can hit your boost targets sooner and hold longer (to a certain extent until the K04 is out of air). Simple fact is that it is a production car and the exhaust was designed with emissions before performance, our job is to restore that balance to make it the car MAZDA should have
    Last edited by DAN MPS 3; 23-11-2013 at 06:46 PM.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

Have ordered autotech internals, yet to decide whether to go test pipe or just tune afterwards. For a cheaper option, would finding a spare stock mid pipe and cutting out the cat do the same job?

Quote Originally Posted by CHMPS View Post
    Have ordered autotech internals, yet to decide whether to go test pipe or just tune afterwards. For a cheaper option, would finding a spare stock mid pipe and cutting out the cat do the same job?
    Yes. Don't need a spare though. New test pipe is fairly cheap.

Am looking at the ultimate racing one, $150 usd plus $100 for a resonator which I wouldn't mind, then $110 shipping so it gets up there! Does anyone recommend another option?

Test pipe that is just a pipe. NO RESINATOR! it will add a subtle tone to your exhaust.

OR get an exhaust shop to Fab one up. Should only take then an afternoon.

I don't want it much louder than it is now, am still not entirely happy with the jbr rem installed about a month ago! Yes can't hurt to get a few quotes for a custom made one

Don't worry about noise with a test pipe. I just installed one. Stock everything else.
    Only notice it and just only notice it above 4k on boost

Hi all,

Have finally managed to install my autotech fuel pump internals this week, so now my mods are: corksport stage 2 Sri with tip, de-cat mod (thanks to 2xs), street unit tmic, turbosmart kompact, tuned with the Cobb ap.

There seems to be a negligible improvement from stage 1 at the moment. (installed internals, tmic and test pipe all at once and flashed the appropriate stage 2 tune.

Am thinking of getting a custom tune, has anyone bought the stratified s-ots + for $40?

14. Default

Yep theres bugger all butt dyno feel from stage 1 to stage 2 Cobb OTS. Ive pretty much same mods, OEM dump pipe with test pipe.
    I also tried S OTS+ map, and felt it was quite sedate and far too smooth for my liking. The S OTS+ Being a load based map on the stock k04 on 98 ron, it just felt less hooligan compared to the CObb Boost based OTS maps. But for $40, try it out , the AUD$ is not too bad vs the CAD$

Hi all,

Have finally managed to install my autotech fuel pump internals this week, so now my mods are: corksport stage 2 Sri with tip, de-cat mod (thanks to 2xs), street unit tmic, turbosmart kompact, tuned with the Cobb ap.

There seems to be a negligible improvement from stage 1 at the moment. (installed internals, tmic and test pipe all at once and flashed the appropriate stage 2 tune.

Am thinking of getting a custom tune, has anyone bought the stratified s-ots + for $40?

Hey mate, really consider getting a @Rayd tune, I'm on my 4th revision so far its looking pretty well finalized and I've got some awesome gains and the car has literally come alive. I was using corksport stage two map but rays custom e tune has pissed all over that.
    Last edited by Mspec; 05-07-2014 at 08:20 AM.
    Corksport SRI// Corksport TIP// Race Pipe//​ Turbosmart BPV// Resonator Delete// JBR 80a RMM// Autotech HPFP// Cobb AP V3// HDI GT2 FMIC// ​NGK LTR7IX-11// Simota 360* Filter// Eonon GM5151-With Back Up Cam// ​RaydTuned

Ok cheers for that, yea considering both rayd and stratified

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok cheers for that, yea considering both rayd and stratified

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good plan! I haven't had any experience with stratified, but what I can tell you about Ray is that he doesn't muck around. You'll be getting map revisions everyday (providing you do your bit) and he seem quite the perfectionist when it comes to getting everything within target or where they need to be you'll be getting maps at 3am!(vampirism tuning) Lol. Top Bloke too, my experience has been great! And I don't often provide feedback.

Best of luck whichever way you go
    Corksport SRI// Corksport TIP// Race Pipe//​ Turbosmart BPV// Resonator Delete// JBR 80a RMM// Autotech HPFP// Cobb AP V3// HDI GT2 FMIC// ​NGK LTR7IX-11// Simota 360* Filter// Eonon GM5151-With Back Up Cam// ​RaydTuned

Im running a S-OTS+ stage 2 map atm (you dont need any exhaust mods to go stage 2). It drives well but I gotta agree that it feels too smooth and conservative. Ive always been curious too and wondered how much more kick a custom tune will give it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ag MPS View Post
    Im running a S-OTS+ stage 2 map atm (you dont need any exhaust mods to go stage 2). It drives well but I gotta agree that it feels too smooth and conservative. Ive always been curious too and wondered how much more kick a custom tune will give it.
    It's a custom tune, they'll do it however you want
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    It's a custom tune, they'll do it however you want
    I spoke with the guys at stratified via email and they seem good. Replied fast and gave me the info I asked for.

I'm getting a sots map from them for sure.
    2005 6 MPS - Cobb AP - Auto tech HPFP internals - CorkSport RMM - 3inch ceramic coated downpipe - SRI - TIH - FMIC - Oil Catch Can - RayD tuned. 190kw@wheels, 410nm, 20psi.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast