User Tag List

Thread: Ahh a mounts thread!

Default Ahh a mounts thread!

Long story short car was making a knocking sound when ever the car/engine mount jerk (acceleration, gear changing etc etc) Would stop as soon as the engine heated up

I got my mechanic to check all mount (including diff) said they were fine, still made the sound. So I got myself a new CP-e Rem, Didn't stop the sound. Made the sound quieter and made the car feel a lot better whilst driving.

As it only makes the sound within 5mins of the car being turned off, he's looking at it early in the morning. He assumes its one of the mounts

What opinions are there for a side & transmission mount?

I was looking at the AWR side & transmissions mounts (Will these fit out cars)
    My Baby 2005 Mazda6 MPS Dark Purple

Mods|Corksport SRI+Airbox|Corksport TIP|CP-e REM|JBR EngineMounts 80A|20% Tint|Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges (Boost & Water Temp & Oil Pressure)

Ordered|Corksport TMIC|Cobb AP|

CPE and jbr...
    But unless CPE stops being rude and not allowing edge to sell to us, buy jbr

3. Default

Corksport do a tranny mount insert and a full driver side mount

Is the number 3 mount the passenger or drivers side?

Quote Originally Posted by Seba View Post
    Is the number 3 mount the passenger or drivers side?
    Not following mate. There's only 3 they dont have specific numbers. Either rear and two sides. Drivers and transmission or in the US drivers referred to as passenger.
    2XS+ChipTorque=DeathStar

Called a dealership and I now know that the number 3 engine mount is the drivers side mount (Aus). Dunno why, the parts manager referred to it as the number 3 mount and I had to call another dealership to work out which one he meant lol.

That said, has anyone got a JBR drivers side mount? Are the vibrations really 'that' bad?

Weird....then why not call it like it is the drivers side! haha

Can't comment on JBR I got the Surenessss in me! (Holding just fine if anyone wants to know)
    Last edited by KFuNk; 09-05-2013 at 04:56 PM.

JBR is the best option when replacing transmission and drivers side mount.
    And you are right, the clunk you get when cold is definately the driver side, if you put your hand under the mount at the bottom the rubber sack as probably collapsed. I had the same problem on my 6.
    Benefit of the JBR mount, his is the only one that retains the design of the OEM mount with the busing on the top, rather than the side like the AWR etc. It should help reduce vibes quite alot compared to the bushing on the side design.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Mazda Workshop manual refers to them as numbers also. That's why the spare parts people always ask what number.