User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Valves cleaned, car starts, dies after rough idle. Thoughts?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Jbr yep, check valve was pointing the right way, we have taken that back off and put it to stock just retesting

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Let us know how it all goes

Fixed! Wow what a mission, something stupid like we thought, the fuel regulator ballast was not plugged in but we couldn't notice as it was tucked away under the intake. Had a few other issues with egr pipe threading but easy to fix, car is running! Think we took the manifold off about 4 times lol! @slixx

'05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

^^ lol n how many times we went to repco n bunnings

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Harry View Post
    ^^ lol n how many times we went to repco n bunnings
    Ha! Oh well lessons learnt. Now yours next , scared? Haha

Well done fellahs!! @slixx @dazza @Mr.Harry
    Good to hear that the black beast is up an running again

6. Default

Fixed! Wow what a mission, something stupid like we thought, the fuel regulator ballast was not plugged in but we couldn't notice as it was tucked away under the intake. Had a few other issues with egr pipe threading but easy to fix, car is running! Think we took the manifold off about 4 times lol! @slixx

Awesome news guys! How does the car feel with the cleaned nostrils?

Quote Originally Posted by allo80 View Post
    Awesome news guys! How does the car feel with the cleaned nostrils?
    We still have a slight leak as the egr pipe cross threaded lol, pete is getting a proper bung for it and we will seal it up good then should be sweet!
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

8. Default

That big 22mm nut? Or the other end? I had a real hard time putting on the 2 bolt end on the egr pipe back onto the egr housing (swore at it lots... Didn't help though lol) ... Should have done it in tandem with the big 22mm nut, would have fit much easier and the holes would have lined up so much better!

9. Default

Also, any pics of the cleaned valves? Or the offending ballast?

I tried taking photos, but by the end I was so over it that I just wanted to get it done.
    Now to troubleshoot my MAP sensor...

Wow. I cannot thank @dazza and @Mr.Harry enough I forever in your debt. 3days, 10hour days and 1 day off work and it was a stupid plug

Many thanks to @MPSed, even though in Brisbane gave me moral support over Txt and phone

Manifold and throttle body came off and on 5times. Intercooler a million times and only 1 bolt lost (negative earth bolt)

The JBR OCC didn't work out as the drain valve wouldn't close @jbarone I'll email you soon to work out what to do as I need a plug for my EGR plate. You wouldn't believe I had to revert to using my Sure Oil Rig. So much for de-Sureing. I'm now fully Sured up

So tired I cross threaded the damn screw and now it's leaking. If get the plate and plug to get rid of the pipe altogether, any tips on getting plugged in so it won't leak?

The car is finally running the 88a mount is one crazy mount and vibs a bit at low revs but hopefully they'll die down soon

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Ha! Oh well lessons learnt. Now yours next , scared? Haha

I'm excited man lol maybe bit scared haahaa

Well done guys. I was pooing my pants for you during this, but very glad it's all come good. We should sticky this thread.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Didn't get any of the valves cleaned but got some of when they were dirty, some were worse than others

Nice work guys and kudos for the big effort to get @slixx back on the road.

It might seem n00b but I wasn't even aware there was a ballast on an injection system. Time to get my google on.

good work guys! its ALWAYS something simple.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post

The car is finally running the 88a mount is one crazy mount and vibs a bit at low revs but hopefully they'll die down soon

Peter "SLIXX"
    Welcome to the 88a side, I love my mount and am very glad with the choice!
    Where is that ballast found? Looks like its near the battery tray... am I correct?

Quote Originally Posted by allo80 View Post
    Welcome to the 88a side, I love my mount and am very glad with the choice!
    Where is that ballast found? Looks like its near the battery tray... am I correct?
    Yeah under the intake. Can't miss it

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Jeez massive effort, I think you boys just need a fresh set of eyes! Great to hear shes back in order!

19. Default

Glad to hear you guys got that drama sorted. God those valves were gunky. I'm betting mine are worse .How many km's on the clock? How difficult was the job beside the fault finding at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by newmaz View Post
    Glad to hear you guys got that drama sorted. God those valves were gunky. I'm betting mine are worse .How many km's on the clock? How difficult was the job beside the fault finding at the end.
    I think he only got 80000ks @slixx but it was straight forward, five screws holding manifold n some electrical plugs. Problem is not enough room to get your hands around, lot of fiddling n wiggling involved. It just looks piece of cake now. We doing mine soon so should be all right.
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast