User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tune house or chiptorque

Default Tune house or chiptorque

This may have been asked b4, I want to get more power but want it done properly and professionally can I get some ideas is the ecutek the best? On a gen1. Car is stock

Contact Leah @ChipTorque and find out your options..

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    Last edited by duglet; 11-04-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Not sure if you meant a tune house or the Tunehouse www.tunehouse.com.au but they're in Sydney and your in Brisbane.

Guys have made the journey down there to do it with good results, but as you're a GENI Chiptorque will look after you.

Good luck.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Not sure if you meant a tune house or the Tunehouse www.tunehouse.com.au but they're in Sydney and your in Brisbane.

Guys have made the journey down there to do it with good results, but as you're a GENI Chiptorque will look after you.

Good luck.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE
    Did you mean any tuning place or ChipTorque? Where are you? Be easier if you had your location up.

I can vouch for ChipTorque. I can give you a ride in my car but it ain't stock. lol

Goodluck.
    2XS+ChipTorque=DeathStar

Yeah tunehouse in Sydney wouldn't mind driving down but will give ct a call

I am in brissy yeah wouldn't mind a hot lap lol

If you're in Brisbane then CT have an excellent reputation up there.

And then there is the option of the cobb access port as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MPS86 View Post
    And then there is the option of the cobb access port as well.
    Yeah I agree, for a stock or near stock you will have great results and is future proof as well. Will be way cheaper and gives you better control over changing maps and upgrading as you change & upgrade ur mods.

A tune from a workshop is for imo built up finished cars that want to extract the most (safely) from their finished suite of mods.

Have a snoop around on the forums there is loads of info.

Off topic but what wheels you running Enkei's?

Seems to be quite a few options out the rims r called blue fin tell by put a Sri will I need a tune?

Not Really if you've got more power mods add them first, then look to tune.

Technically u don't "NEED" a tune for any mods u do to the car but to get the most out of said mods then a tune is a good option. The tunehouse/chip torque tunes are more for finished (or when u reach the limit of ur budget ) builds as said before. The cobb ap is more like a step by step tune. Say u by an Sri, with the cobb ap u can reflash the ecu to incorporate that part and so forth for each extra part u add ( it also removes the the boost limiters our cars have in the first few gears and let's the car rev past 5500rpm as boost die off majorly after that ) all in all both ways are good paths to go down. If u come out to a meet I'm sure the guys will be more than happy to take u for a spin so u can get a feel for the different tunes on the market.
    Last edited by MPS86; 12-04-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Thanks a lot guys for the info will defanetly try to cum to the meets just with work I am away for up to 6 weeks at a time

Spend some weeks living in the flash tuning section :-)
    Ask if you have any questions.

Modifying is like most things in life, it works best when planned properly.
    Sure you can fluff your way through it but you won't have a good experience.
    Learn from the last 5 years of our mistakes.
    Plan your path so you can purchase the right parts at the right time and enjoy the journey.

Most importantly understand your options. There are plenty right now, more than there have ever been.
    Last edited by Jmac; 13-04-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Well said I guess I really have to do my homework just so many options out there

I have a horror story in the past, BUT than a Dream story. If you want to do it right read read read than ask if your still confused.

Yeah will do so first question was thinkin of Sri followed by ct tune ?

If ur free next Wednesday night (17/4) come out to qr as there is a sprint night that @Yeldarb @KFuNk and myself are attending, I think we r all running different tunes so u can have a chat and a look at what we have done so u can get a good idea of ur next move. I think a few other members are coming down as well. And ur friendly performance guru @2XS may show up as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast